• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold HOLBROOK Sapphire Polarized Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Title is kinda clickbait, since these are actually Violet Iridium Polarized lenses... but they appear closer to sapphire than my other VIP lenses.

Faint hairline marks.
One more prominent hairline mark on outside edge of right lens.
Nothing I can see obstructing vision
$40 > $35 shipped in CONUS via G/S PP

Outter Edge.jpg Top Bottom Edges.jpg Top Edges.jpgBack.jpg

Front.jpg
FOV.jpg

Focus Top Bottom.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Look like Violet from the pics..

Username Hidden said:
Look like Violet from the pics..
I happened upon them while cleaning and don't recall which they were, since I owned VIP + SIP don't remember which is which... They seem more blue than my other violet lenses..
IMG_4876.JPG

Username Hidden said:
I happened upon them while cleaning and don't recall which they were, since I owned VIP + SIP don't remember which is which... They seem more blue than my other violet lenses..
View attachment 553600

Violet lenses colors can vary just like ruby and fire

Username Hidden said:
View attachment 553600
Maybe the lighting...

Username Hidden said:
Maybe the lighting...
I'll try some outdoor photos tomorrow an see..

Username Hidden said:
Violet lenses colors can vary just like ruby and fire
The FOV is like a reddish orange center fading out to amberish bronze, which isn't like any of my other violet lenses.

Username Hidden said:
I'll try some outdoor photos tomorrow an see..

The FOV is like a reddish orange center fading out to amberish bronze, which isn't like any of my other violet lenses.

Your pics usually have alot of white surrounding the objects which messes with the lighting

Username Hidden said:
Your pics usually have alot of white surrounding the objects which messes with the lighting
white bounces light, vs black absorbs light making more work to correct contrast/levels... anyways heres on dark background. Violet?
IMG_4923.JPG

Username Hidden said:
white bounces light, vs black absorbs light making more work to correct contrast/levels... anyways heres on dark background. Violet?
View attachment 553659

Dont get me wrong. Your pics look cool and are nice and detailed....but sometimes it mess with the iridium color. Usually outdoor pics in natural but not direct lighting best depict the lens color

Username Hidden said:
Dont get me wrong. Your pics look cool and are nice and detailed....but sometimes it mess with the iridium color. Usually outdoor pics in natural but not direct lighting best depict the lens color
Natural light is the best, but when I leave for work/return from work it's typically dark - an when it's not work it's raining like today lol

Status
Not open for further replies.