• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrooks

There was a comment a couple pages back about how it took the Frogsking 20 years to get to its popularity now. I am not sure if that is really the case. The Frogskin was highly popular back in the day as well and it spawned a outrageous number of different frame colors and lens options in the 1980s. The style fell out of favor in the 1990s and now that the fashion cycle is back it has become popular again. So I would argue that the popularity today is due to the popularity of it in the 1980s. The Holbrook does not have the exposure, popularity or icon status today that would allow it to be something highly sought after in 20 years. That is just IMO.

we will see what happens. . .
i can see the holbrook get´s popular!
with all that special & limited editions, like the red blue aussies or the gold shaun white, it´s on the way up!!
and the fit of the holbrooks is much better IMO :eek:)

we will see what happens. . .
i can see the holbrook get´s popular!
with all that special & limited editions, like the red blue aussies or the gold shaun white, it´s on the way up!!
and the fit of the holbrooks is much better IMO :eek:)

Yeah they do fit better, but my girlfriend teases me because she can rock both the frogs and the holbrook :( now she wants some frogs

@Kaduku
if she wants regular frogs, than it's not a big deal. but if she decides for some blend than you are "beep"!
;o)

that's cracking me up
she loves the color from the microbag. . .
missy-like ;o)

and you can be generous. . .
she could get a black one too and one from a art series. . .
still cheaper than the Frogs!

Back