• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holiday Traditions

Atticus

1-2-5
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Central PA
We head to Pittsburgh every year to visit family for Thanksgiving . But, secretly, I really go for this pizza on Friday...any one familiar with it?

88ED0398-49D9-4E2E-9AB0-9EBCB6109EC1.jpeg

I'm not.

In keeping with the title, I'm going have to start some new things since my mom passed 3 months ago. Just sad right now.

May the holidays be merry.
We're in that process right now. We done a vacation trip last year, which was nice. Done Thanksgiving at our house this year. We're not inclined to do that again, lol. We used to get a Christmas tree for ma's house on the friday after Thanksgiving every year, but we haven't had a tree since we've had Bickley. We need to start some new stuff too. Holidays are always reminders of those no longer with us, always emotional. 😔

We're in that process right now. We done a vacation trip last year, which was nice. Done Thanksgiving at our house this year. We're not inclined to do that again, lol. We used to get a Christmas tree for ma's house on the friday after Thanksgiving every year, but we haven't had a tree since we've had Bickley. We need to start some new stuff too. Holidays are always reminders of those no longer with us, always emotional. 😔
Yeah, I dont even want to set foot in ATL right now. I stayed home this weekend and I am going somewhere else for Christmas

Yeah, I dont even want to set foot in ATL right now. I stayed home this weekend and I am going somewhere else for Christmas
My sister lives in Atl, midtown. She wants us to come for Christmas. Lol, I was like.....yeah, um, no.

At least you have someone.... it still sucks losing any loved one at this time of year.

I didnt mean to bring this thread down.
It’s cool.

I still have my parents, but I lost a close uncle about 10 years ago. The first year was really rough during each holiday...but especially Christmas. But, we’ve memorialized him by remembering stories of him with my dad, his brother. It was sad the first couple of years talking about him, but now there is a certain level of peace when we each talk of him.

I pray all of you find that peace sooner than later.

By the way, the Pizza shop is called Betos’s. They cook their pies without much cheese on it and then they top it with cold cheese. People in Pittsburgh seem to love it or hate it. I love it and get a whole tray of it each Black Friday to share with the family...

Peace to all, my friends.

cool stories there. holidays for me are great. as you might be aware i live in florida, so when i get a chance i visit my family in philly as much as possible. usually my wife and I drive all the way there 16 1/2 hours to endure the feeling of time passing, as the wait in this enduring ride to finally triumph with excitement and exhaustion of a long journey. this year we flew, since i had an incubus concert same day on friday coming back in.

what ive learned is you can never see your close friends and family enough, because it goes by so fast. those memories we share holds forever.

cheers

Back