• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How do you keep track of your collection?

Lies! o_O

Microsoft Excel is your friend. And when you put in dollar amounts and use formulas to add up all the money you've sunk into that ridiculous Oakley collection...
You vomit, save the document, close it out, and make sure the significant other doesn't have access to it :D. As far as they know, those Oakleys cost less than $100/pair.
INDEED!

The wife has no idea the list even exists!

I was chatting with someone last night and the topic of inventory came up. That got me thinking, what do y'all do for keeping track of stuff?

I have an excel workbook with different sheets for glasses, watches, display stuff, spare parts, everything, even a want list. Each sheet has all the details of the purchase and if it was sold it has all that info too. It goes back as far as 1999 as that's the oldest receipts I could find when I started it. I've always kept records but when I started working insurance claims I realized the need for it.

I can't believe The Listmiester hasn't brought this up yet!

I am happy to share a print screen of my Excel file. When the frames I keep becoming more than 10, then it is time to keep a record. I don't feel it is up to ideal but it works for now. Each column is intuitive and I will explain two columns. With "Status" column, just like other column, it can be sorted which is very helpful. Status have two values: Keep or Sold, then Favorite has value Yes or No but I left it blank as undecided for some frame after I wear for a while I will let go, and if it is a Yes, then I will keep.

Just for sharing which I wish could be helpful to you collectors out there. And that would great to see other's people example.

Oakley Collection_for sharing with O Bro.png

Last edited:
I am happy to share a print screen of my Excel file. When the frames I keep becoming more than 10, then it is time to keep a record. I don't feel it is up to ideal but it works for now. Each column is intuitive and I will explain two columns. With "Status" column, just like other column, it can be sorted which is very helpful. Status have two values: Keep or Sold, then Favorite has value Yes or No but I left it blank as undecided for some frame after I wear for a while I will let go.

View attachment 329687
That's damn close to what I've got!

I am happy to share a print screen of my Excel file. When the frames I keep becoming more than 10, then it is time to keep a record. I don't feel it is up to ideal but it works for now. Each column is intuitive and I will explain two columns. With "Status" column, just like other column, it can be sorted which is very helpful. Status have two values: Keep or Sold, then Favorite has value Yes or No but I left it blank as undecided for some frame after I wear for a while I will let go, and if it is a Yes, then I will keep.

View attachment 329694
I don't want to see the blank file.

I want to see the file with all the columns filled in....including buy prices!!!! ;)

Latest Posts

Back