• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Loyal are you to Oakley?

Oakley Sports eyewear is still ok for the most part.

The lens quality has gone down, and if you have noticed, they don’t use the ANSI z87.1 rating much anymore.

For RX, there are WAY better companies out there.

Yeah....just Oakley's!!

70453900_10220029196589240_2667567929431687168_n.jpg

Just joined the forum, and wow, I thought I was a dedicated Oakley fan... bought my first pair of Mumbos when I graduated high school in 91... original “Oakley” logo on the hammers. Since, I have had prescription sunglasses and eyeglasses. Whiskers, Square Wires, Lizard, Metal Plates, Tin Cups, and now want to build a small collection of M Frame variations. I have an old Mumbo and an SI Ballistic 2.0 Frame on the way, and will give the ESS URX insert a try.

Been loyal since ‘93 after finally getting contacts,immediately bought some blue M frames...one of the first guys in my navy squadron to have the eye jackets...everyone followed next port visit and got them...then it’s been dozens since..to include Rx glasses for deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan so I wouldn’t have to wear Wiley X or ESS

I wear x metals exclusively for many years now. I love and take care of them. I can feel the passion and effort that has gone into every pair. The decision for lux to stop producing consumables like rubbers and servicing just goes to show how little they appreciate the product.

I can understand discontinuing the product line due to the difficulty of producing them. But not supporting the product any longer is as though they’re no longer worthy.

Maybe in a way, I’m loyal to the product not the brand and I greatly appreciate all the efforts put into x metal line.

Thank you to all those involved in the production of these treasures.

Back