• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
So I was cleaning my ice iridium polarized lenses this morning while in the truck. (with oakley cleaner and cloth)....and I kept seeing these horizontal lines on the lens while I was cleaning. They were perfectly straight and evenly spaced but could only really see when looking at the inner (closest to eye) side of the lens. I can't notice the lines when wearing them.

Are these lines part of the polarization??? It was that bright sun rise light, so thought maybe it reflected somehow and made the lines visible...??

Great info Batwolf! i will defiantly be buying the cleaning kit from my local sunglass hut soon. :cool-20:

Just a quick note on saltwater...... If you go to the beach or have a saltwater pool make sure you wet the glasses first with warm water before doing a good cleaning on them... You will find that as the salt water dries it wil leave behind salt residual and wiping them with a cloth could scratch them. I have a pair I only wear in my pool or to the beach.

the whole pool and se water thing kind of made me mad. I didn't realize I needed to run in and clean my glasses immediately after leaving the water until I ruined a set of polarized lenses. You would think that something advertised as being perfect for these types of activities would have been a bit more durable. Oakley almost lost me over there butt covering response.

Nothing is invincible to corrosive skin oils, sweat, dirt and other chemicals like chlorine. Prolonged exposure overtime with any of the above can eat away at ANY lens.

I feel like sometimes I clean and still get swirls...they aren't easily seen , but when I take them off I can see the swirls at certain angles when the light hits them. I just washed my bags and using oakley cleaner. How hard can it be to clean a lens? I rub the lenses in every direction to prevent swirling.

Horn05 i have noticed mine have the same but are unpolarized lenses. I would think that the lines are the reinforcement in the polycarbonate lense that makes them strong.

Back