• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to spot Fake Oakley Frogskins Thread - Warning! Fakes!

Real one's will have a serial number on them like matte black finish. You can use the serial numbers to find out where they we're purchased and where they were made. , I haven't come across any sites that has that feature. Dr. Dre, their cheap quality headphones has that feature FYI.

Real one's will have a serial number on them like matte black finish. You can use the serial numbers to find out where they we're purchased and where they were made. , I haven't come across any sites that has that feature. Dr. Dre, their cheap quality headphones has that feature FYI.
Not exactly.

Yeah that's not correct for Oakley frames..

Yeah that's not correct for Oakley frames..
But they're already a serial sku number on the earpiece, how much more proof and genuine you need it too be? If you're going to correct my noob knowledge at least elaborate your comment better with supporting details instead of a vague statement, so noobs like me and others have better knowledge and understanding, and not just say ''Yeah that's not correct for Oakley frames.'' what is that supposed to mean anyway. I noticed this community forums in some threads in some user they don't even bother exerting any calories putting any great details on their writing comments , it's like oneliner sentences and that's it. BTW, this is my first on this forum.

Last edited:
But they're already a serial sku number on the earpiece, how much more proof and genuine you need it too be? If you're going to correct my noob knowledge at least elaborate your comment better with supporting details instead of a vague statement, so noobs like me and others have better knowledge and understanding, and not just say ''Yeah that's not correct for Oakley frames.'' what is that supposed to mean anyway. I noticed this community forums in some threads in some user they don't even bother exerting any calories putting any great details on their writing comments , it's like oneliner sentences and that's it. BTW, this is my first on this forum.
I had responded with a very long explanation on my above statement which was valid for the thread. Sku numbers are not specifically designed for areas they are made.. or color styles. Most are just random numbers.. Oakley loves to do that. They don't typically make a lot of sense at least with frogs. I see you take offense quite easily and I meant none. I think if you spend some time here you'd realize that before going to a point where others here as well as myself aren't willing to help.. I suggest just reading around. . I definitely am not the one (and rather 99% of us here) to be unhelpful in any way..Welcome to the forum and try to enhance it without going to a negative place right off the hop. Not everyone has negative implications towards you within a small harmless statement.

Would this be an accurate representation of the different stems per generation, or was there any cross over between Gen 2 & 3?
s-l1600-17.jpg

Latest Posts

Back