• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to tighten arm hinges on Mainlink XL frame?

cmac3317

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I'm planning on stopping by an optometrist when I have time, but that might not be for awhile, so I figured I'd ask here... The arms on my Mainlink XLs are looser than I'd like and none of the small screwdrivers I have seem to work to tighten the arms. Does anyone know how to do this and what tool I'd need? Thanks!

There are no screws on Mainlink XL. It's a break away hinge, they just get loose over time. There is no way to tighten them

There are no screws on Mainlink XL. It's a break away hinge, they just get loose over time. There is no way to tighten them
I have glued a shim in the gap that presses the nubs up and down on old Holbrooks before painting, tightened it right up

You could also pull the arm and paint the nubs, that’ll increase the size just enough to add resistance.
Bro this is pretty smart! I'll do this to an old frame tht has swaying arms 😁 can i paint it with a clear nail polish? Or what do you suggest?

Bro this is pretty smart! I'll do this to an old frame tht has swaying arms 😁 can i paint it with a clear nail polish? Or what do you suggest?
I did paint from a paint pin last time, still working. Nail polish would probably work just fine too. It only needs the tiniest coating to make a big difference. Just let it completely cure before reassembly.

Back