• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Am An Oakley Longtimer looking for tips, deals

Notsojingo

Oakley Beginner
Good to find this group. Had serious eye infection recently out of nowhere and had fortunately two pairs of Iridium Oakleys, Split Jacket 009099-11 and an unopened new Oakley Chainlink POLARIZED Sunglasses OO9247-10 Grey Smoke W/ Red Iridium Lens in reserve, as I always have a few pairs of brand new/like about. Unbeknownst to me the eye began failing, light sensitivity growing daily until I couldn't see to drive, work or even really walk. Except for going out for fresh air in the shade and got Eye Doc Diag to fix it, the $950 out
of pocket kinda killed my discretionary funds so great thing I had backup Iridium.
The Split Jackets melted the lenses for no obvious or apparent reason. Wondered if there were ways to use a light heat gun or something to get coating to smooth or soak in some solution and squeegy or..... What are the best non OEM Polarized Iridium replacement lenses? Appreciate any help. I just spent a forever looking to replace and found the most beautiful Black SJ at $300 so no go, gonna try to fix the Nuclear Melt Down ones, which I had only worn a dozen times over the years I owned them. Still boggles me.
Turns out the Doc said out of all my sunglasses including several Classic Original RayBans I thought were Eye Savers weren't. Only the Iridium seem to him "Perfect".
Now I am locked in but concerned if this is a common issue of Iridium Oakleys. Eye is getting better very slowly but better. I am running a Spot Light for a Broadway Shows currently with a gold set(hint) but never in doing this 36 years only wore Sunglasses on Outdoor Shows during rehearsals or after a bender. The Chainliks are on every show and even walking onstage during PreCheck. Love Them.
Ironically this Picture I have none on. LOL

Used to be a RayBan snob but started trying a few other brands about 10-11 yrs ago, though had Oakleys well before that.
Thanks in advance for any help you share & I receive.

Nice to meet everyone,
Peace
20151231_190856.jpg

Notsojingo305.jpg

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the community! If the frames on your melted Splits are ok, stick with Oakley replacement lenses. We can help you in here with Factory replacements and aftermarket, stick with OEM is always my recommendation.

Hi welcome , delamination of lenses is a common problem , it is rather hit and miss when it will happen but hair products perfumes and chemicals speed up this process

Back