• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I hate changing lenses on X-metals

I never had trouble with XS. I always thought they are easiest. Mars are the worst....I how I never have to do that again
Same, I’ve found if you take your thumb, and pry the opening of the frame open, it’s muuuuuch easier putting the new lenses in.

Mars swaps are for the experts :)
(Just like the 4 stack of ear stem gaskets)

The stem gaskets are the real bitch. Trying to squeeze all that in there. I have a loose XX stem and don’t even want to bust into that to replace.
When replacing the stem gaskets i put a film of oil on them, helps to hold them in place while putting everything back together and makes the whole process less painful :D

never had any problems changing lenses in any frame, XS are a little more awkward than others but just being a little forceful does the trick.... i always wear a pair of cloth Jewelers gloves when replacing lenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find they're mostly okay to deal with, but popping the lenses in and out of the pennies can be a bit of a pain, and not all lenses for R1s are cut in a way that clearly marks how to put them in.

I'm kind of nervous about Mars, though.

Back