• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Think Romeos Are Made With Cocaine And Platinum...

What about the ebay seller swininc? He always has Romeo 1's for $600 BIN. Description always says they only have a few marks. Wonder if that means like new...

What about the ebay seller swininc? He always has Romeo 1's for $600 BIN. Description always says they only have a few marks. Wonder if that means like new...

Yeah I have seen his items and the only problem I have is they are used glasses with no box, coin, or anything and even though I am going to wear the hell out of them, I still would want all of the stuff with it for that kind of cash...

Prices go up yearly on these, I used to get them for $400-450 BNIB and should have bought more, now I am paying $600-650 BNIB.... There is much competition here in So Cal for the Romeo and its worth what your willing to pay, I wouldn't pay $1100 for Jordans but I would pay $800 BNIB... Just me guys, just being honest...

We are close, I was thinking around $650-$750 for the Jordan's... I will wait for a bit and see what I can find and grab what I like. I would love to have those Jordan's but I would be breaking some cardinal rule I am sure by wearing them...

Yeah I have seen his items and the only problem I have is they are used glasses with no box, coin, or anything and even though I am going to wear the hell out of them, I still would want all of the stuff with it for that kind of cash...

I hear you. I want two, one that can be a little beat up to wear all the time (aftermarket lens), and one in like new condition with box/coin that would only be for display. The price he wants are between the two.

I've had good luck of getting 3 Romeo 1s in trades recently but unfortunately NONE have boxes or coins. Ultimately, I won't be wearing the box or coin so I didn't mind them missing. Like FearGear said, I will take any opportunity to get a Romeo 1 if it is reasonable. The hoarding begins, although FearGear is the R1 king hehe.

So $600 for Romeos from them is ok? I guess the better question would be, if they describe it as almost new, I'm not going to get a falling apart pair missing gaskets and with aftermarket lenses?

I would (me personally....true value is in the eye of the beholder) pay NO MORE than $600 for a pair of Romeo's. The box etc would be nice at that price, but not a must. HOWEVER, IMO at that price it should have ALL he rubber in very good to mint condition and the lenses should be perfect or nearly so. The frame should have no corrosion and have extensive life left.

Again, this is my subjective opinion and I'm cheap too so keep that in mind. I actually think, based on the above criteria that closer to $500 is more reasonable, but logic flies out the window with these things. I will say this, someone had two BNIB X Metal and Black Iridium Romeo's up some months ago and both bid over $800---so clearly the complete package and desirable frame all new fetches a premium.

Back