• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

If you ever see this on OfferUp

XxRuMKaxX

I Should Work at M-Experiment
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I tried this through a masked card number one time and the card info went to the dark web and was hit for months for various charges… it is a hack scam of some sort and OfferUp does not require you do this!

2D04C7B4-6CD8-4936-9A39-9E264CE785CA.png

AD17B67C-B48B-4147-8864-3F5E76BDDB73.png

I tried this through a masked card number one time and the card info went to the dark web and was hit for months for various charges… it is a hack scam of some sort and OfferUp does not require you do this!

View attachment 982827
View attachment 982829
So did the transaction not go through Offerup? Did he want you to pay through a different method? Just curious if this is an OfferUp issue, because their payment system seems weird and not very accurate.

So did the transaction not go through Offerup? Did he want you to pay through a different method? Just curious if this is an OfferUp issue, because their payment system seems weird and not very accurate.
Nope… it’s a hack of some kind. When you scan your card your info goes to the hacker and you wake up the next day having done a world tour shopping spree in your sleep. It’s not an OfferUp legit procedure to verify your card. I have only seen it on watches so far but I do not really shop for glasses on that site because like you say… that’s a fishy pond

Back