• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm friends with all my X's

There was a pair of XM R1 on the exchange yesterday for $550, The guy was selling a few pairs as he had welcomed a new arrival to the family.
Thats an awesome deal! Unfortunately, I'm currently in the exact same boat! My 3rd daughter was born 3 weeks ago yesterday! (That's not the "Unfortunately" part lol! ), and my Financial Advisor, aka. the wife, has informed me that there will be no, as she calls it, "Frivolous Spending" on items considered, "non-essential." for a while ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ. Said we had to buy stuff like food, and diapers, and some crap about keeping the power on, and car payments and stuff like that. Can you believe that? ๐Ÿ™„ geez! Smh

Soooo, I'm just going to have to be patient, and wait for all the stars to aline, and maybe the oakley gods will smile down on me one day ๐Ÿ˜

Last edited:
Thats an awesome deal! Unfortunately, I'm currently in the exact same boat! My 3rd daughter was born 3 weeks ago yesterday! (That's not the "Unfortunately" part lol! ), and my Financial Advisor, aka. the wife, has informed me that there will be no, as she calls it, "Frivolous Spending" on items considered, "non-essential." for a while ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ. Said we had to buy stuff like food, and diapers, and some crap about keeping the power on, and car payments and stuff like that. Can you believe that? ๐Ÿ™„ geez! Smh

Soooo, I'm just going to have to be patient, and wait for all the stars to aline, and maybe the oakley gods will smile down on me one day ๐Ÿ˜
My dream scenario is going to Goodwill or a swap meet and someone is selling X-Metals and not knowing what they have.
I did that once with an Oakley watch. Found it for $20 on FB Marketplace and I flipped it on eBay for $150.

My dream scenario is going to Goodwill or a swap meet and someone is selling X-Metals and not knowing what they have.
I did that once with an Oakley watch. Found it for $20 on FB Marketplace and I flipped it on eBay for $150.
Nice! That's a sweet find too! My main issue is I live in a very rural, very poor, minimally populated area of western NC, in the Great Smokies, and stuff like that just doesn't pop up very often at all.
It looks like I may have to sell one of my custom knives to fund a pair of R1's. That's where most of my hobby monies are invested at the moment, but I'm taking a break from the custom knife community for a little bit so I can expand my X-Metal collection a little ๐Ÿ˜

Nice! That's a sweet find too! My main issue is I live in a very rural, very poor, minimally populated area of western NC, in the Great Smokies, and stuff like that just doesn't pop up very often at all.
It looks like I may have to sell one of my custom knives to fund a pair of R1's. That's where most of my hobby monies are invested at the moment, but I'm taking a break from the custom knife community for a little bit so I can expand my X-Metal collection a little ๐Ÿ˜
Yeah, my justification for sunglasses and watches is I'm a dude, and we don't get to wear jewelry, so those are the only items it's okay to splurge on.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I wear a necklace, but, its stainless steel, and weighs a metric ton, so I figure that should pass the Man Test......
6A894A45-680A-4F27-A54C-FD213117E58F.gif

Back