• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Increase in spam threads

Is it me or just today there has been a substantial increase in the number of spam threads (seem bot generated)?

I have already flagged and reported 3 but was wondering if this was indicative of an underlying security issue?

@OakleyBoss @YakuzaFloralGangsta @SoulFulFrog
It happens more often then you think. Usually I have about 3 or 4 per week I have to remove and that's just me.. the other guys remove just as much... The filter on the forum makes it easy typically. You guys don't see it like I do. Its a moderation Que. As in 9 times out of 10 it won t allow the new user to post anything unless I approve it. I also oversee the entire forum now.. so I'm getting more lately. To be honest.. I enjoy deleting the buggers. Lol. We thank you too. If you see the stuff reporting it is the best action.. without Every ones help the forum would be full of it..keep up the reports..

It happens more often then you think. Usually I have about 3 or 4 per week I have to remove. The filter on the forum makes it easy typically. You guys don't see it like I do. Its a moderation Que. As in 9 times out of 10 it won t allow the new user to post anything unless I approve it. I also oversee the entire forum now.. so I'm getting more lately. To be honest.. I enjoy deleting the buggers. Lol.

Yeah I figured. What caught my attention was that I maybe see 1 (tops) each week. But today I saw several in quick succession.
Thanks sir!

Yeah I figured. What caught my attention was that I maybe see 1 (tops) each week. But today I saw several in quick succession.
Thanks sir!
That happens too. A multitude will pop up all at once out of no where from different new accounts. Not sure why that is..

Noticed as well - looking into the spam blockers which typically stop most of it.

Back