• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduce Yourself!

Hi - just joined the forum today.

I've been wearing Oakley glasses for about 20 years now so I guess I'm a fan!

Chatting with a friend yesterday I found out that folk collect the older frames.

I've never thrown any of them out, though as my prescription has changed over the years and the rubber goes all nasty on some of them, the older ones have been retired from service for a long time now.

Anyhow, I can immediately lay my hands on what I now understand to be a Romeo, a Juliet (how fitting to have both!) and a Hatchet.

The Juliet (chrome and blue-ish tinted lenses) got the most wear as they were so comfortable, though now unfortunately they are all floppy and loose at the X-shaped bridge area :-(

The Romeo did not get much use as I never actually found them that comfortable / they are pretty heavy.

The Hatchet did great service as they are so light.

The first two have serial numbers which I can honestly say I don't even remember noticing back in the day!

Anyhow, I'd be interested to know if anyone can still make up new prescription lenses or supply new rubber bits - or are they just destined to be curiosities.

Best wishes to all

Dakargelb

Hi And welcome, Those are 3 of the finest looking shades that Oakley made. There are many people in the exchange (once you've met the requirements for access) that sell replacement rubber (either OEM or aftermarket). Rx lenses are more of a challenge as I don't think they are available anymore (could be wrong). Best bet would be the Optical Champ @Chris A Hardaway.

Hi , had some minute 1.0 when they came out but lost them after 5 years. Currently wearing croshairs and have bought a few pairs of minutes from ebay .

Hello from just outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania everyone! I've been wearing Oakley shades for a long time, going back to the mid 90s. I think the first pair were all black Minute (unfortunately now missing the right arm), and I still love them. For me, Oakley started a yearly new pair while on vacation habit. Right now, I'm on the hunt for some Juliets, saw a few on the X Metal exchange forum, and joined up to chat with a few folks. I've seen some Penny's that caught my eye, so I"ll start saving up some coin, and see what's out there. Reckon I'll post some pics at some point and maybe even trade or sell a couple pairs. Talk to you all later.

I’ve been collecting and obsessing over Oakley’s for as long as I can remember. I have an original display case, more XXs than I can count, set of X-metal Mars & Juliet’s, a couple of minutes, m-frames, & at least a dozen soft & hard cases. I deployed with SI Five 2.0s and have a couple pairs. I’m thinking about selling of parts of my collection but really here to source some parts/lenses and share what I’ve got. Thanks!
-Sarge

Hello from Canada, recently joined the forum to get more info/pictures of certain X-Metal models. I have been using Flak Jackets/Flak 2.0 for as long as I can remember and recently came upon 2 pairs of Juliets. Hope to learn lots from this forum!

Hi there,

my name is Alex. I'm from Nothern Virginia.
I would like to know more about Oakley glasses and lenses.

Thank you.

Latest Posts

Back