• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is Anyone Offering A Custom Lens Cutting Service In The UK?

Yes to be fair the website left alot to be desired! There is another company called ciliary blue who will also do them, I was about to send my frames to them but was put off by one negative review, but to be fair that was one of about 100. I chose to go to axis as they are about 20 minutes away, apparently they cut lenses for boots and places.. here are some photos of the lenses they cut for me, they are prescription lenses which they supplied they matched the tint of my oakley lenses perfectly.
20140402_180514_zps4t6inybq.jpg

20140402_180455_zpss0ohpzja.jpg

Just out of interest Is it prescription lenses you need, also which frames?

I want to get Oakley Plaintiff and Big Taco lenses cut down for my Mars. So I would be supplying all the parts, they would just do the cutting.

I want to get Oakley Plaintiff and Big Taco lenses cut down for my Mars. So I would be supplying all the parts, they would just do the cutting.
It seems like quicker if you ask dr chop to cut you the lenses and ship to uk and declare it $50-60 in value? Which is basically the cost of the lens excl the cutting services so technically you're still not underdeclaring.

Unfortunately I already have 5 donor lenses. Maybe it is time to get the Dremel out, for some DIY cuts.

Axis in sheffield should defiantly be able to do it, if I were you I'd give them a call and have a chat, he's an honest guy and seemed to really know his stuff, the cut on my lenses is fantastic, just the lenses themselves aren't a 100% match as they are thicker than originals.. as your supplying your own lenses this shouldn't be an issue!

Has anyone seen or knows of a video actually showing someone using a dremel to cut/grind lenses as i need some myself and would be a cheap aftermarket lens to practice on ?

Latest Posts

Back