• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jordan Romeo 1

Matching set in great condition under $2K is hard to find. If you find one, it's most likely over priced.

A couple of active listings with very low serials from the same seller. No boxes, but comes with large vault. Seller is infamous on this forum.

Here's another one that the owner must not really want to sell.

Cheapest matching set I know available right now is $2500. They have come a long way in a short time lol

Matching set in great condition under $2K is hard to find. If you find one, it's most likely over priced.

A couple of active listings with very low serials from the same seller. No boxes, but comes with large vault. Seller is infamous on this forum.

Here's another one that the owner must not really want to sell.

Good day to all! What do you mean by " Seller is infamous on this forum" I am curious. Thanks!

Nothing is proven that I know of, but he is pretty good at marketing and selling his goods. sometimes you get a deal, sometimes, it seems like you got bid-up on higher ticket items. almost like market manipulation. here's teh jab though, I have worked with sellers that had offloaded collections on eBay and they would never get a consistent at high-end of market or exponentially better for EVERY item they sell. Considering the number of items he sold, there is always that off-chance that it sold for less than market rate.

Nothing is proven that I know of, but he is pretty good at marketing and selling his goods. sometimes you get a deal, sometimes, it seems like you got bid-up on higher ticket items. almost like market manipulation. here's teh jab though, I have worked with sellers that had offloaded collections on eBay and they would

never get a consistent at high-end of market or exponentially better for EVERY item they sell. Considering the number of items he sold, there is always that off-chance that it sold for less than market rate.
I can prove it easily enough. Take awhile to type it out though and I’d have to take multiple screenshots to show it. Maybe when I’m in sac this weekend We’ll have a beer and I’ll show ya ;)
Also the fact they get bid to the moon and then relisted right after the auction is over is pretty good indication of shill bidding.

Lots of guys will list high on eBay on the hopes that a private message comes in and you negotiate the deal off site to save the fees. This happens ALL the time. It runs rampant in the classic car parts world. There is a 6k carb on eBay right now that I know could be bought for 5k off site. I personally am very guilty of this, so if you see something with what seems to have a slightly higher price don’t be scared to send a DM and ask if they will take lower off site. DO NOT include and email or phone number in the message or it gets flagged. Take a picture of what ever form of communication you want to use and send it instead. Works all the time ;)

I can prove it easily enough. Take awhile to type it out though and I’d have to take multiple screenshots to show it. Maybe when I’m in sac this weekend We’ll have a beer and I’ll show ya ;)
Also the fact they get bid to the moon and then relisted right after the auction is over is pretty good indication of shill bidding.

Lots of guys will list high on eBay on the hopes that a private message comes in and you negotiate the deal off site to save the fees. This happens ALL the time. It runs rampant in the classic car parts world. There is a 6k carb on eBay right now that I know could be bought for 5k off site. I personally am very guilty of this, so if you see something with what seems to have a slightly higher price don’t be scared to send a DM and ask if they will take lower off site. DO NOT include and email or phone number in the message or it gets flagged. Take a picture of what ever form of communication you want to use and send it instead. Works all the time ;)
Nice! I usually am cryptic and didnt think about the picture. I tell the seller my handle is the same on Oforum and on gmail as well. taking a picture is easier!

Hello Big Brothers, therefore it is impossible to find a good deal if someone is infamous? educate me please. Thanks!

What is a good deal to you? Your price will determine if it's impossible or not. A good deal to you may not be a good deal to someone else, just set your limit and expectations accordingly. If you overpaid, who cares, as long as it's acceptable to you.

With the current market, you can't expect a mint R1J matching set for $1500. If you find one, jump on it, or let me know.

Thank you brother, what i also meant was, Is it better to avoid these sellers? because they are " seller is infamous on this forum " or still take the risk to have or obtain their good items for sale. Your advices are very helpful. Thank you again!

Back