• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Judge for yourself...

XxRuMKaxX

I Should Work at M-Experiment
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Ok so I am a gambler with my Oakley addiction and sometimes test the waters where sharks swim. I still cannot believe my experience with purchasing a pair of straight jackets from a "wholesaler". That is how I am going to set this up... Read the screenshots I made (might have to zoom in on some) and I bet you will feel the need to see just what else this guy admits to... Note: There is one dirty word from me though I must say I used it in proper context :cool-33: The other was him and it wasn't that bad. No F bombs but just warning!
001.png
002.png
003.png
004.png
005a.png
005b.png
006.png
007.png
008.png

Ok so I am a gambler with my Oakley addiction and sometimes test the waters where sharks swim. I still cannot believe my experience with purchasing a pair of straight jackets from a "wholesaler". That is how I am going to set this up... Read the screenshots I made (might have to zoom in on some) and I bet you will feel the need to see just what else this guy admits to... Note: There is one dirty word from me though I must say I used it in proper context :cool-33: The other was him and it wasn't that bad. No F bombs but just warning! View attachment 868318View attachment 868319View attachment 868320View attachment 868321View attachment 868322View attachment 868323View attachment 868324View attachment 868325View attachment 868326
@xxrumkaxx is this “distributor” someone we should watch out for on ebay?

TL,DR...got one sentence cliff notes?
Yea its a long read done over the span of 8 days of messaging. I wanted to post it at first without much of my opinion to sway people or seem resentful and get some honest feedback. Let his own words hang him. I will give you the rundown of red flags though

1. Denied at first the company on the shipping label for the people's sent to me by mistake had anything to do with him
2. I mention in my response they are $300 sunglasses
3. Suddenly he gets interested as all heck and 20 questions.
4. I mention I googled the company on the mail tag and they did not exist and He tells me it is a fake return address to hide his vendors identity because they were skirting industry regulations. Wants me to send glasses that came from a California address to New York City.
5. Claims the pair I have by mistake is HIS OWN WIFES Hahaha! right! I placed an order pre this one that paypal sent the payment from the wrong source and it declined for which 24 hours later I ordered again and the invoice number in one day went up around 125 numbers so he is cranking out allot of glasses. So by chance ... a 1 in 10000 chance these were his wifes???? Yea right
6. Confesses my glasses are coming in as a frame and he is cutting the lenses
7. Uses every tactic known by scammers to back up his lie. NOTE that I had been offered nothing and there was nothing to show his companies name or his own was attached to this "wrong" pair so I really didnt know if they were even his. When I bring it up he offers Emails? How about a invoice which by this point I wouldnt have believed either were real.
8. Pressures me to buy the franken Oakleys with who knows what lens after repeatedly telling him I want a refund.
9. Held my refund hostage
10. In the end finds the real customer of the frames I had and confesses he lied about them being his wife's
11. Tells me he cuts from lens material made in croatia

That should give you some idea!

My refund showed up today and I sent the frames back to california to the right owner!

Ok so I am a gambler with my Oakley addiction and sometimes test the waters where sharks swim. I still cannot believe my experience with purchasing a pair of straight jackets from a "wholesaler". That is how I am going to set this up... Read the screenshots I made (might have to zoom in on some) and I bet you will feel the need to see just what else this guy admits to... Note: There is one dirty word from me though I must say I used it in proper context :cool-33: The other was him and it wasn't that bad. No F bombs but just warning! View attachment 868318View attachment 868319View attachment 868320View attachment 868321View attachment 868322View attachment 868323View attachment 868324View attachment 868325View attachment 868326
Interesting read, thanks for sharing. Remember, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. And I thought New Yorker's were skeptical of everything, all the time ;)

Back