• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Juliet Polished / Blue Iridium & Black Iridium (JB serial, mint set with matching box)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
Your points while valid, are easy enough for one to do their homework. First. eBay will take action in your first scenario. Plus the PayPal paperwork trail supports it. And you forgot they can just outright cancel a transaction claiming it was damaged misrepresented etc, then relist. While you can in fact have a high rating as a buyer, eBay now will allow you to break it down as a buyer and a seller. If you see that, well maybe stay away I suppose. Personally I bought a $3500 dollar Doxa Sub 300t dove watch from a seller in Florida for $900 bucks who had a 2 feedback rating. Turned out to be a 70 year old professor who was retiring and moving and selling of his stuff. His feedback was for two items he bought so many years before it didn’t even say what it was. Point is none of this is foolproof. Scams happen everywhere. Personally I don’t think this auction was shill bid. I bid personally. I was high bidder til the very end when 2 seconds before it ended the 432.90 bid came in. As far as scams go. Cheaters gonna do whatever to make a buck and it doesn’t matter if it’s eBay or OF. I have read about scammers on this board as well. This is one reason I’m betting the rules state no F/F advertising. Buyer has ZERO recourse. If G/S is used, then PayPal ALWAYS favors the buyer, and believe it or not you can get scammed that way as well. I have personally and it took GREAT lengths to get my money back. PayPal ALWAYS favors the buyer not the seller. Long story short I sold a fender to a guy paid to ship it, it sat in Will call waiting had all the documents to back this and he messaged me saying he found a nicer one and wanted his money back. They refunded him all his money including the shipping which I had already paid and I had to pay to have it shipped back. Anyhow I digress. The safest approach to eBay is how @jcesl2 said. Bid what your comfortable paying no more. You/we all can second guess what it would actually taken to win but more time then not you’ll be wrong. I can tell you last week of the bidder I was bidding against on my Emerald ichiro’s #138 had bid 5 bucks more, he’d have em in his collection right now and not me.
🤣🤣🤣 you should just have bought them for 649 🤣

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
you should just have bought them for 649

Pair I got were a hell of a better deal and low 3 digit serial number lol. Stay tuned to the low serial thread

Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.