• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet prescription lenses - US???

loknar28

Oakley Beginner
A, A
So apparently Luxotica no longer cuts lenses for the X-Metals. Where are others getting their prescription lenses made. Can anyone still do VR28 black iridium?

Vr28 black iridium is no longer an option

But you could do black iridium, prizm black (might be your best option), or prizm tungsten.

All 3 of those colors can also come in polarized. Message me your RX and PD. I'll let you know if it's possible.

@Chris A Hardaway I understand that you cut Oakley X-Metal lenses. Is it still possible to get prescription VR28/Black Iridium Lenses made? I just need Single vision for distance.
sir, let me vouch for Chris H. The prices for prescription lenses WONT BE CHEAP; however, you will get exactly what you ask for and they will fit perfectly. I have worked with him for years with lenses and he has made several prescription lenses for my Juliets and they are great. PS----see what insurance you carry and he may be able to help you on that end. Just ask him.

Vr28 black iridium is no longer an option

But you could do black iridium, prizm black (might be your best option), or prizm tungsten.

All 3 of those colors can also come in polarized. Message me your RX and PD. I'll let you know if it's possible.
sphereCylinderAxisNear add
OD -1.00-1.000.85+2.00
OS -1.25-1.000.95+2.00
Sorry it has been awhile. I would appreciate an insight to what is possible and a quote.
Mostly my juliets are used for driving and I enjoy black iridium coating while having the VR28s high contrast on cloudy days. Really do not like grey lenses, so no prism black. Prism tungsten could be an option, but I really liked my “rose colored glasses”.

sphereCylinderAxisNear add
OD -1.00-1.000.85+2.00
OS -1.25-1.000.95+2.00
Sorry it has been awhile. I would appreciate an insight to what is possible and a quote.
Mostly my juliets are used for driving and I enjoy black iridium coating while having the VR28s high contrast on cloudy days. Really do not like grey lenses, so no prism black. Prism tungsten could be an option, but I really liked my “rose colored glasses”.
Your two best options are probably prizm tungsten polarized which will run you $400 in single vision distance ( can't do progressive lens online)... Or prizm dark golf, even more rose, and still black mirror, but not as dark as vr28 black, and not polarized... Prizm dark golf will be $345. Distance RX only, take off to read.

I'll need your PD measurement, and then we can proceed. Best to message privately though.

Your two best options are probably prizm tungsten polarized which will run you $400 in single vision distance ( can't do progressive lens online)... Or prizm dark golf, even more rose, and still black mirror, but not as dark as vr28 black, and not polarized... Prizm dark golf will be $345. Distance RX only, take off to read.

I'll need your PD measurement, and then we can proceed. Best to message privately though.
Chris, what is the max prescription strength you can get into a Juliet frame? Thank you!

Chris, what is the max prescription strength you can get into a Juliet frame? Thank you!
Depends on the PD.
Generally speaking about -3.00 sphere, and about -2.00 cylinder.
Max total power there might be about -4.00, if sphere is lower, I might go higher on cylinder.

It just depends. Best to share your RX with me privately :)

On the plus side I don't like doing above a +1.50.... minus we can go higher for sure

Hello Chris,
I would like to order 2 sets of prescription lenses for my 2 Juliets.
I have changed my prescription and in Italy they told me that they are no longer available!
I just had the frames rebuilt (new rubbers & nose pins!)
I would need:
1 Prizm Ruby Polarized
1 Prizm Jade Polarized
Do you think we can organize this!
Thank you from Italy!

Hello Chris,
I would like to order 2 sets of prescription lenses for my 2 Juliets.
I have changed my prescription and in Italy they told me that they are no longer available!
I just had the frames rebuilt (new rubbers & nose pins!)
I would need:
1 Prizm Ruby Polarized
1 Prizm Jade Polarized
Do you think we can organize this!
Thank you from Italy!
@Chris A Hardaway

Latest Posts

Back