• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Tune-Up Question

I’ve found that I have to make both cuts on those OXM ones, even for the Juliet frame. If not, you have to use a lot of force to compress the orbital tab/flex couplers into the nose bridge while inserting the pins. A large nail clipper works well, obviously being careful not to trim too much off of the back.

Also, w/o trimming you could see the pointed ends of the couplers sticking out the nose bridge / orbital gap once reassembled. 🤮

I’ve found that I have to make both cuts on those OXM ones, even for the Juliet frame. If not, you have to use a lot of force to compress the orbital tab/flex couplers into the nose bridge while inserting the pins. A large nail clipper works well, obviously being careful not to trim too much off of the back.

Also, w/o trimming you could see the pointed ends of the couplers sticking out the nose bridge / orbital gap once reassembled. 🤮
Agreed... I've never liked being able to see the couplers sticking out. I can certainly help you with fire Iridium lenses to get them back to original. I hear you on the $$$$ once things get added to the cart.

Just remember these are collectible, durable, hand made, in the USA, art, and premium eye protection (from thermonuclear radiation and impact)!

@THE X-MAN was the one who told me the hand sanitizer trick to get there hinge washers to stick. Rather than lining up with a toothpick, I use a thumbtack or push pin myself.

Good luck on the restoration!

the durability and the love of the frame is what brought me back around on doing the tune up. Never really considered the collectible part since selling them hadn’t even occurred to me. Ive looked at other brands and almost pulled the trigger on some Costa’s, but its like finding a pair of shoes that always fits and u just have to pick ur style.

Going all the way back to my first pair of M frames. 😬

I’ll hit u up when I’m able to PM.

Agreed... I've never liked being able to see the couplers sticking out. I can certainly help you with fire Iridium lenses to get them back to original. I hear you on the $$$$ once things get added to the cart.

Just remember these are collectible, durable, hand made, in the USA, art, and premium eye protection (from thermonuclear radiation and impact)!

@THE X-MAN was the one who told me the hand sanitizer trick to get there hinge washers to stick. Rather than lining up with a toothpick, I use a thumbtack or push pin myself.

Good luck on the restoration!
I use a dab of grease to keep the washers together and a toothpick to align them.I use purell to slide on new rubber on the arms.

5474A6FA-C1E8-4E20-BF58-D63F23B1404B.gif

Never heard of it, but just did a quick search. Looks like awesome stuff. May have to retire the Hoppes and give that a crack on my guns. Thanks for the info.

Back