• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just a boy trying to make his dads day

QuacksAndCows102

Oakley Beginner
Hello All! The name is Greg. Long story as short as possible, my father has a fairly moderate case of dementia. I recently had to move him into a home, and while cleaning out his house I found an old pair of Oakley’s he used to wear all the time(I believe they are a Titanium pair of Half Wire 1.0s). While visiting him with my aunt, we were going through some pictures she brought and he pointed to a photo where he was wearing them and wondered where they had gone. He even remembered buying them from my uncle who was a dealer and was still a little peeved that he couldn’t get a better deal from his brother 🤣.

Anyone who has delt with anyone with this affliction knows how important it can be when someone is able to draw a strong memory from something.

I would like to restore these and get them to him to be able to wear again. So far, though, my search has been a bit fruitless. I have been able to find lenses. I think from what I’ve read that the nose cushions from the Half Wire 2.0s will fit. For the life of me, though, I cannot find any earsocks. I was hoping this wonderful community might be able to help me with three things:

1- Confirming the model for me.

2- Telling me if I’m correct that the nose cushions from a pair of Half Wire 2.0s will fit, and if not, where I could find some that will fit.

3- Helping guide me where to find some earsocks for these.

I will include some pictures to confirm the model. I thank you in advance for any help you can give in my journey to restore these and wish you all the best.

-Quack

While on the subject of these frames, I have one more question to be sure I get the right lens color. Am I correct in thinking these are the Black Iridium Polarized lenses? One of the lenses does say polarized on the bottom. Thanks again! You guys rock!
-Quack

While on the subject of these frames, I have one more question to be sure I get the right lens color. Am I correct in thinking these are the Black Iridium Polarized lenses? One of the lenses does say polarized on the bottom. Thanks again! You guys rock!
-Quack
Finding OEM lenses for that model may be tougher than the rubber set. Perhaps @Chris A Hardaway could assist with this as he cuts lenses to fit in most models. He would know if this is one he could do. When you strip it down take a old used toothbrush thats softened the bristle and warm water with some dawn soap and give them a scrub. Be gentle around and with the hinges... That way its a fresh and clean new pair when he gets them. Good luck in your quest... also... Welcome

Aloha. Welcome to the Forum. :cool-33: 🤙

tmp 3.gif

Back