• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Kitchen Sink

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
the kitchen sink seems to be a very popular bag. so i'm looking for some feedback from the people that have it and use it. how do you guys use yours? i would use it mostly for trips and vacations. is it too big for an overnight/2 day camping trip? i'm planning on taking a 4-5 day cruise soon and thought it would be great to use then. i realize it may be a little too big for some occasions. but as long as it doesn't look ridiculous on my back, i would rather have the extra room and not need it, than to need the room and not have it. especially since this will more than likely be my only oakley bag. (except for maybe the large roller bag).

I usually take it on 2-3 day trips, and it is a perfect bag for such a duration. I also use it as a carry on bag when I am flying. I love the functionality and look of it. My only issue is it is a relataively heavy bag because of all the metal. The weight does not bother me but I have heard others comment on it.

another issue i'm worried about is all the metal on the bag itself. does it cause problems with metal detectors.

ok, that makes sense.

since making this thread, i've looked at the ap 3.0 pack. i think i like the exterior design better than the kitchen sink. not sure how i would like the drawstring main compartment though and the fact that most of the smaller compartments are velcro. i would prefer zippers. more secure and more durable. it seems the stitching on the velcro would easily come loose after a while from having to pull them open everytime you need in. any feedback on this one for the same uses? or does anyone have experience with both and can comment?

i just picked up a kitchen sink! and all i can say is it looks like a killer pack. i know a couple people at my vault have the ap pack and the kitchen sink and they like both. so it sound like they are very close so it might just be what you like!

Order it from Oakley.com now and you can still score a free sketchbook! I want those but seems like you can't get em without purchasing a qualifying bag

you can find those sketchbook on ebay. . .
much cheaper than buying a kitchen sink ;o)

Latest Posts

Back