• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Question Regarding Prizm Polarized

nikefreak23

I should Work at Oakley
Oregon
So, do all Prizm Polarized lenses have an iridium coating on them? I don't see it in the glasses description on most any given frame.

Like I have the Ruby and Sapphire Fade Flak 2.0 XL's and the description said Prizm Sapphire Iridium Polarized and Prizm Black Iridium Polarized.

However, like my DWP Gascans do not say Iridium. So is it just in certain lenses that are Polarized that have an Iridium coating on them?

Not all prizm polarized lenses have iridium, for example, prizm daily polarized and prizm grey polarized. Deep water has very blue chrome iridium coating on them, just beacuse iridium is not written does'nt mean that there is no iridium. Jade, black, sapphire, tungsten, ruby, rose gold, 24k, road, trail, trail torch, golf, dark golf, shallow water, Deep water, violet, field, infield, snow sapphire, snow torch, snow jade, snow black etc. all have iridium coating on them. Sometimes the word 'iridium' is not written. Only daily polarized, prizm bronze and prizm grey don't have iridium coating on them.
Hope it helps.

Not all prizm polarized lenses have iridium, for example, prizm daily polarized and prizm grey polarized. Deep water has very blue chrome iridium coating on them, just beacuse iridium is not written does'nt mean that there is no iridium. Jade, black, sapphire, tungsten, ruby, rose gold, 24k, road, trail, trail torch, golf, dark golf, shallow water, Deep water, violet, field, infield, snow sapphire, snow torch, snow jade, snow black etc. all have iridium coating on them. Sometimes the word 'iridium' is not written. Only daily polarized, prizm bronze and prizm grey don't have iridium coating on them.
Hope it helps.

Technically daily has iridium but not much. It peels like any other mirror lens, but Prizm Grey doesn’t even peel!

When they first started out, the Prizm lenses came with the Iridium tag (Prizm Black Iridium Polarized etc), but lately they no longer attach the "Iridium" moniker to them (eg. Prizm Black Polarized etc), but I am guessing the lens is exactly the same.

When they first started out, the Prizm lenses came with the Iridium tag (Prizm Black Iridium Polarized etc), but lately they no longer attach the "Iridium" moniker to them (eg. Prizm Black Polarized etc), but I am guessing the lens is exactly the same.
Some do have a difference, for example I have both Prizm Black, and Prizm Black Iridium. There's a subtle difference in silverish appearance in the front and the iridium version culls the very bright areas a bit better.(neither I have are polarized tho)

Some do have a difference, for example I have both Prizm Black, and Prizm Black Iridium. There's a subtle difference in silverish appearance in the front and the iridium version culls the very bright areas a bit better.(neither I have are polarized tho)

When it comes to polarized I think they wanna make it fit the small labels,

Prizm black iridium polarized is too long for those boxes

When it comes to polarized I think they wanna make it fit the small labels,

Prizm black iridium polarized is too long for those boxes
While that may be the case, it's just showing that "iridium" isn't just marketing, some have a coat, some don't (or least barely much of one). A non polarized example that doesn't use the term iridium in the title is Trail Torch vs Trail.

Technically trail torch and trail have iridium. Kinda confused where you’re goin with this.

Iridium has been around since they started. Eyeshades, blades and m frames all had them. It’s just the mirrored coating to reflect light on the outside. Some have a lot some only have a little. They don’t need to advertise it because it’s known

Back