• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Questions

cc4bama

Oakley Beginner
Just found this site so hoping for some input on upcoming purchase. I'm planning to get a pair of the Oakley Hex Jector frames and want to get some really good quality lenses that include the blue light filtering and have the UV darkening option (transitions type function). Having done some research it appears Oakley has 3 lens options but I have also seen some people using Zeiss lenses with their Oakleys. Does anyone have insight or experience with this that might help me decide how to go about making a decision? Thanks much.

Just found this site so hoping for some input on upcoming purchase. I'm planning to get a pair of the Oakley Hex Jector frames and want to get some really good quality lenses that include the blue light filtering and have the UV darkening option (transitions type function). Having done some research it appears Oakley has 3 lens options but I have also seen some people using Zeiss lenses with their Oakleys. Does anyone have insight or experience with this that might help me decide how to go about making a decision? Thanks much.
I have the best Zeiss lenses money can buy in my O3.
Came up with my own lens shape.
Key is a highly experienced optician with a shop that can cut and drill lenses into any shape.
It took me 1 1/2 years to find this store. I was previously rejected by 5-6 opticians.
They all told me they were unable to cut and drill the correct pattern.

A41985C3-A194-4CBE-A5D7-44D9B9FE2971.jpeg
4F5C194E-6F86-4EF5-8D0E-EAACA17D999A.jpeg

Where are you located?

Central Alabama
Alright. I asked because getting Oakley prescription lenses made and shipped out of the states is difficult.

I've never seen an Oakley lens that is blue light filtering and transitions. Its usually one or the other. Also the only blue light filtering lens they make is Prizm Gaming.

We have some resources on the site that could be helpful. @Chris A Hardaway is a member here and an optician who has worked with many members. He can tell you what your options are and make them for you. I would highly recommend him.

Alright. I asked because getting Oakley prescription lenses made and shipped out of the states is difficult.

I've never seen an Oakley lens that is blue light filtering and transitions. Its usually one or the other. Also the only blue light filtering lens they make is Prizm Gaming.

We have some resources on the site that could be helpful. @Chris A Hardaway is a member here and an optician who has worked with many members. He can tell you what your options are and make them for you. I would highly recommend him.
Oakley actually does a "blue ready" clear lens now that is not prizm gaming. Just blocks less blue light. But you are correct, usually you get blue light or transitions but not both

Zeiss generally don’t use Transions, they use their own photochromic technology called Photofusion and it terrible. Stick to Oakley and as previously stated, you don’t need any blue light filter. The Transitions will give you blue light protection.

Latest Posts

Back