htrap2294

Clap Guru
Premium Member
San Diego, CA
It’s sad we have to consider life expectancy of our pricy sunglasses to be so short.
Unfortunately, unless you're picking a glass lens, you don't get the option of a durable polycarbonate lens unless you want to compromise on optics. Those coatings help with hardness, clarity, and hydrophobic properties that come at the cost of durability. They'll take a heavy impact unlike glass, but it means they have a shelf life.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad

F150

Oakley Beginner
Wisconsin
Unfortunately, unless you're picking a glass lens, you don't get the option of a durable polycarbonate lens unless you want to compromise on optics. Those coatings help with hardness, clarity, and hydrophobic properties that come at the cost of durability. They'll take a heavy impact unlike glass, but it means they have a shelf life.
I guess that’s true. My Randolph’s (Metal w/glass lenses) are 7 years old now going strong. When I got them they were going for not much more than Oakley prices but new ones now are pushing $300. Parts are easy to come by too which is nice. I’ve went through 3 sets of nose pieces and 3 ear socks, but those are cheap and easy service. Plastic frames with no layer to replace between the frame and skin just wear the frame and as you mention the lenses are a completely different animal. They’re a bit more disposable. Too bad more effort is needed for lens replacement on older models.

Litos

I believe in babies, music, magic and mom and dad
Houston
Here's a comment

I've never had a Linegear lens delaminate...

🤔

Joesaenz4

Oakley Beginner
Question is what is Oakley going to do to fix this. My Shawn white special editions messed up

New Threads