• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LenzFlip Oakley Forum Member Welcome Discount

LenzFlip

Oakley Enthusiast
Carlsbad, CA
Hi Everyone!

Since LenzFlip is new to the forum, we want to offer the members of Oakley Forum a limited time special discount for 15% off to experience our lineup of Oakley replacement lenses.

Shop either on Amazon or our Website Lenzflip.com with the below codes.

15% off ALL Oakley Lenses
Amazon Discount Code: 15RZHRGU
LenzFlip.com: OAKFRM15
Timeframe: Now ~ September 6th, 2019 PST

We'll be releasing a new premium line of lenses towards the end of August/ beginning of September called LenzFlip+, but in the meantime please check out the lineup that we have and we welcome any and all feedback!

Enjoy!

Lauren, LenzFlip Marketing

Hi Everyone!

We'll be releasing a new premium line of lenses towards the end of August/ beginning of September called LenzFlip+, but in the meantime please check out the lineup that we have and we welcome any and all feedback!

Enjoy!

Cool I'll go an check out what ya'll have, hopefully your company provides replacements that are equal in thickness to the Oakley Factory replacements - As that's my biggest pet peeve with aftermarkets..

To explain what I mean, most replacements are typically flimsy in their quality; thickness when compared to the Oakley oem lenses, is thinner which causes them to rattle in some frame. I've found some companies try to compensate this flaw by making the lenses ever so slightly bigger than oem, which solves the rattle... but makes them a PITA to wrestle them into the frame to fit.

Lauren, could you elaborate on how the premium line will differ from the pre-existing lens choices you offer now, will they be anti-reflective coated on the inside surface or just make from a high grade polycarbonate?

Cool I'll go an check out what ya'll have, hopefully your company provides replacements that are equal in thickness to the Oakley Factory replacements - As that's my biggest pet peeve with aftermarkets..

To explain what I mean, most replacements are typically flimsy in their quality; thickness when compared to the Oakley oem lenses, is thinner which causes them to rattle in some frame. I've found some companies try to compensate this flaw by making the lenses ever so slightly bigger than oem, which solves the rattle... but makes them a PITA to wrestle them into the frame to fit.

Lauren, could you elaborate on how the premium line will differ from the pre-existing lens choices you offer now, will they be anti-reflective coated on the inside surface or just make from a high grade polycarbonate?

Hello! Thanks for your reply.

For our regular line, we make 1.5mm polarized lenses with high quality polycarbonate.

For our LenzFlip+ line we are making 1.8mm decentered, non-polarized high quality polycarbonate, injection molded lenses that have the same VLT and very close, if not the same color match of 2 Oakley colors: Warm Grey and Dark Bronze (with more in product development now). We would consider making it with an anti-reflective coating on it if there is a demand for it!

I hope this helps answer your question and let me know if there is anything else I can answer!

A good idea maybe to send a few sets of lens out to the senior members and let them get their take on clarity and curvature. If they endorse them it may help you out.

Hi Everyone!

Since LenzFlip is new to the forum, we want to offer the members of Oakley Forum a limited time special discount for 15% off to experience our lineup of Oakley replacement lenses.

Shop either on Amazon or our Website Lenzflip.com with the below codes.

15% off ALL Oakley Lenses
Amazon Discount Code: 15RZHRGU
LenzFlip.com: OAKFRM15
Timeframe: Now ~ September 6th, 2019 PST

Enjoy!

I may be overlooking something on your website, however I cannot find any specs on regarding the visible light transmission percentages pertaining to each particular lens. Nor can I see any examples of how each lens would tint the user's Field Of View regarding each particular tint.

For instance on the Flak Jacket XLJ you offer HERE there are 6 choices which utilize a Grey Polarized Lens tints, with 5 different mirror coatings, which I assume alters the particular characteristic of how the user's FOV will be perceived depending on the given lens chosen. As well as a possible difference in the percentage of visible light that is transmitted through the lens.
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 9.08.44 PM.png

Due to this lacking information I personally do not see myself purchasing any items from your company. I think many individuals here would agree providing such details on each particular lens is crucial information to have when deciding which lenses will work for their needs, prior to purchase.

I understand creating a simulator to understand the particular tint of each lens set might be a bit of an investment on your end, however I find that lacking that information on your end makes it a hard for anyone here to really consider investing in your products, even with the 15% discount you are willing to offer.

Examples of said lens simulators, can be found at a number of your competitors or companies you provide replacements for; Transition Lenses HERE, FUSE has HERE or Nike has HERE all off simulators with some varying environments. Revant provides a simulator HERE, as well as image captures depicting each particular lens tint for customer's to make a comparison between them prior to purchase.

The provided tints by Revant all utilize a Grey lens base, as you will see the FOV tint does differ a bit between some of the lenses. Additionally those mirror coatings impact the VLT % between all those tints, despite them all utilizing a Grey lens base.

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 9.54.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 9.55.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 9.55.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 9.55.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 9.55.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 9.55.40 PM.png

I took the time to write up this critique with hopes that if you seriously care about your customers, you will take the time to sit down with your team to reconsider what's important to provide to your customers. As anyone serious about sunglasses isn't going to particularly care how advanced or spiffed up your new line is going to be, if they don't know what to expect performance wise prior to purchase. Currently your company offers none of this information... I hope that changes, thanks.

Last edited:
I may be overlooking something on your website, however I cannot find any specs on regarding the visible light transmission percentages pertaining to each particular lens. Nor can I see any examples of how each lens would tint the user's Field Of View regarding each particular tint.

For instance on the Flak Jacket XLJ you offer HERE there are 6 choices which utilize a Grey Polarized Lens tints, with 5 different mirror coatings, which I assume alters the particular characteristic of how the user's FOV will be perceived depending on the given lens chosen. As well as a possible difference in the percentage of visible light that is transmitted through the lens.
View attachment 643970

Due to this lacking information I personally do not see myself purchasing any items from your company. I think many individuals here would agree providing such details on each particular lens is crucial information to have when deciding which lenses will work for their needs, prior to purchase.

I understand creating a simulator to understand the particular tint of each lens set might be a bit of an investment on your end, however I find that lacking that information on your end makes it a hard for anyone here to really consider investing in your products, even with the 15% discount you are willing to offer.

Examples of said lens simulators, can be found at a number of your competitors or companies you provide replacements for; Transition Lenses HERE, FUSE has HERE or Nike has HERE all off simulators with some varying environments. Revant provides a simulator HERE, as well as image captures depicting each particular lens tint for customer's to make a comparison between them prior to purchase. The provided tints all utilize a Grey lens base, however as you will see the FOV tint will differ some between lenses. As well as the VLT % is not contrast between all those tints, despite them all utilizing a Grey lens base.

View attachment 643975View attachment 643976View attachment 643977View attachment 643978View attachment 643979View attachment 643980

TL;DR

Here the TL;DR Version ~ I cannot take Lensflip seriously if they can't even provide the most basic information regarding VLT % on their products.

I thought it was a good write up!!!

This abbreviated version is great too. It’s like the having cliffs notes to a book you didn’t want to read in school.

I thought it was a good write up!!!

This abbreviated version is great too. It’s like the having cliffs notes to a book you didn’t want to read in school.
When I realized their two main competitors Revant/Fuse offers this info, I figured I'd take the time to lay out what needs to change on their end for anyone to really bother considering them a viable alternative to those brands.

Because originally the TLDR version was going to be my reply lol.

View attachment 643970

Examples of said lens simulators, can be found at a number of your competitors or companies you provide replacements for; Transition Lenses HERE, FUSE has HERE or Nike has HERE all off simulators with some varying environments. Revant provides a simulator HERE, as well as image captures depicting each particular lens tint for customer's to make a comparison between them prior to purchase.

The provided tints by Revant all utilize a Grey lens base, as you will see the FOV tint does differ a bit between some of the lenses. Additionally those mirror coatings impact the VLT % between all those tints, despite them all utilizing a Grey lens base.

View attachment 643975View attachment 643976View attachment 643977View attachment 643978View attachment 643979View attachment 643980

I took the time to write up this critique with hopes that if you seriously care about your customers, you will take the time to sit down with your team to reconsider what's important to provide to your customers. As anyone serious about sunglasses isn't going to particularly care how advanced or spiffed up your new line is going to be, if they don't know what to expect performance wise prior to purchase. Currently your company offers none of this information... I hope that changes, thanks.

Thank you so much for this extremely thoughtful write-up/ analysis on what we can improve! This is the type of information that we are looking for to improve the information we give to the customers and to help understand our customers better.
I will sit down with the team and give them this feedback and work on improving all of this.

Thank you again!

Latest Posts

Back