• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lighting

Was there ever lighting in those cases? if so, you should be able to run the wires out the same holes. I have a 3.0 double and just bought long led tape and started from the bottom right side and ran up the front pillar through the top and back down the left side. Can't remember if I had to drill holes though.

There are light kits that they had but none of mine came with them it was a mount up on the top of the cabinet.

Want to share my setup. Bought a metal case years ago, but hated that it didn't have lights. I also wanted to have a permanent setup. I bought a couple of things:

Luminoodle: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LR3RAVU/?tag=oakleyforum04-20
A flat micro USB cable.

What's cool about the Luminoodle is that it is super flat and has an adhesive backing on it. I flipped by case upside down and put it on as below:

01_ - Copy.jpg

I had it end on the left front corner:

02_ - Copy.jpg

I went about halfway down and connected it up to the flat USB cable.

03_ - Copy.jpg

Then the USB cable comes out in a clean straight line and goes under the case:

04_ - Copy.jpg

Once the cable was on the backside of the case I plugged it into power.

You can see it is invisible from the outside and allows the door to open and close:

05_ - Copy.jpg

Final shot with the lights off:

Last_ - Copy.jpg

Hope that gives you some ideas.....

Last edited:
I like the puck lights with remote control. They are fairly bright. Uses batteries though. . And can change different colors to your mood.
A49E1E73-8F19-4B9D-832F-2364BE362AE6.jpeg
01CA1501-CDF8-4702-872A-43A60BD61352.jpeg

FB481BEB-1EC0-486F-B158-20EFF6FB714F.jpeg

ADB2FD4F-C32F-4A2B-A2DE-D9DA005C0B6E.jpeg

Want to share my setup. Bought a metal case years ago, but hated that it didn't have lights. I also wanted to have a permanent setup. I bought a couple of things:

Luminoodle: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LR3RAVU/?tag=oakleyforum04-20
A flat micro USB cable.

What's cool about the Luminoodle is that it is super flat and has an adhesive backing on it. I flipped by case upside down and put it on as below:

View attachment 697688

I had it end on the left front corner:

View attachment 697689

I went about halfway down and connected it up to the flat USB cable.

View attachment 697690

Then the USB cable comes out in a clean straight line and goes under the case:

View attachment 697691

Once the cable was on the backside of the case I plugged it into power.

You can see it is invisible from the outside and allows the door to open and close:

View attachment 697693

Final shot with the lights off:

View attachment 697695

Hope that gives you some ideas.....
You got all the light just from putting the strips in the ceiling of the case? Wow:)

Back