• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Limit number of active sales threads posted by 1 user a day?

TheDukeOfIce

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Silicon Valley, CA
Are there some options to help with the few sellers who post dozens of sales thread adds in one day?

Some of these sellers are not even premium members - there seems an easy fix right there.

Perhaps there can be a “super seller” membership which entitles a seller to more threads per day?

I don’t think the intent of the exchange was to have dozens of sale adds posted by one or two members, with the rest of the community posting one or two adds a month.

General etiquette seemed for people to create one thread with all their sales. While that is nice, it’s certainly not being followed by all, nor does it appear to be a rule.

Interested to hearing others thoughts on the topic.

Are there some options to help with the few sellers who post dozens of sales thread adds in one day?

Some of these sellers are not even premium members - there seems an easy fix right there.

Perhaps there can be a “super seller” membership which entitles a seller to more threads per day?

I don’t think the intent of the exchange was to have dozens of sale adds posted by one or two members, with the rest of the community posting one or two adds a month.

General etiquette seemed for people to create one thread with all their sales. While that is nice, it’s certainly not being followed by all, nor does it appear to be a rule.

Interested to hearing others thoughts on the topic.

It’s doesn’t happen just when they post sales threads but when they bump them too. When you have one person taking up the whole first page and most of the second page because they bumped all their sales threads, it makes it hard for anyone who is selling one or two things to even get eyes on their thread.

It’s doesn’t happen just when they post sales threads but when they bump them too. When you have one person taking up the whole first page and most of the second page because they bumped all their sales threads, it makes it hard for anyone who is selling one or two things to even get eyes on their thread.
Maybe limit bumps then for non premium members or maybe both with different threasholds for non premium and premium

Interesting, know this idea has come up a few times, it's really about where a line would be, and what not. But I do agree with you around super sellers and what not. This was really intended to be the Forum Sponsor membership but somewhat was circumvented by members (not stores) who just power sell. Will give some thought on how to implement from a backend side and keep an eye on this for more ideas.

Back