• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Limit number of active sales threads posted by 1 user a day?

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease"

How many members are complaining about this problem vs how many aren't. There you have the actual problem! Some people just can't not complain. They have to find something to complain about, geez.

Yeah limiting threads it a slipperly slope and something I want to think on. Where it gets tough is do you limit per day, per week, per month, then tracking all of that just takes a whole solution etc.

I do think bumps are the root problem some members are pointing out here. For feedback and search purposes, 1 thread per item is best. But it can also end up with the walls of threads by one member. When push comes to shove, if your threads have gotten lower, its because people aren't replying/interested etc. While I do think bumps serve a purpose, they don't need to be so frequently across the board. Like I said just trying to think through it.

I agree.

Plus with limited pictures being allowed to be posted it will cause more complexity if sellers have to consolidate threads. Less visibility of the item to everyone unless you PM.

Also, it may cause undesirable issues for buyers trying to find specific items or scanning the exchange.

Yeah limiting threads it a slipperly slope and something I want to think on. Where it gets tough is do you limit per day, per week, per month, then tracking all of that just takes a whole solution etc.

I do think bumps are the root problem some members are pointing out here. For feedback and search purposes, 1 thread per item is best. But it can also end up with the walls of threads by one member. When push comes to shove, if your threads have gotten lower, its because people aren't replying/interested etc. While I do think bumps serve a purpose, they don't need to be so frequently across the board. Like I said just trying to think through it.
The real issue is that some people need to accept that this isn't their personal forum and some things aren't going to be to their liking.

Too much 'seeking a problem' type attitude.

I'm sure you have seen this on other forums, but I have seen on some that you can not have more than 2 threads on the First page of a For Sale / Exchange. You can have as many threads overall but cannot bump more than 2 to the Fist page. And then if they do, then all of their threads are removed or moved to page 2 or beyond.
Maybe this is an option.

143348C4-5EC7-4E0C-AB9D-6C3F9353FDAE.png
01B18FAE-78EE-4461-BF5C-66A92FB20ED5.png
461F3E06-D148-41DA-A5E2-6288DBA1C7BD.png

"Every time I go to Walmart to get milk I have to walk past a whole bunch of other stuff that I don't friggin need. Walmart should remove all that other stuff and put the milk at the front by the door, just for me! How dare any other vendor get to place/sell their stuff ahead of what I'm looking for???? Why does one bread company get to place 17 different items on the shelf anyway???? Can't they just place a couple?? And they restock every other freakin day!!!!! Ugh, this all makes me so mad! I'm gonna ask to speak to the manager...."

That ☝️...is what this thread is!

🤦‍♂️

"Every time I go to Walmart to get milk I have to walk past a whole bunch of other stuff that I don't friggin need. Walmart should remove all that other stuff and put the milk at the front by the door, just for me! How dare any other vendor get to place/sell their stuff ahead of what I'm looking for???? Why does one bread company get to place 17 different items on the shelf anyway???? Can't they just place a couple?? And they restock every other freakin day!!!!! Ugh, this all makes me so mad! I'm gonna ask to speak to the manager...."

That ...is what this thread is!

Your analogy is flawed. Companies PAY for specific product placement in stores to get more visibility. That’s why top/bottom shelf products exist in liquor, electronics, grocery stores and many more.

Back