• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LINEGEAR Japan Corner, Q&A, latest update

If the T wire is a NXT option count me in for a set!
Also any info regarding the matte lenses would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!
Hi,
Thank you for your inquiry.
I have just one question. Where did you get the information that we have a plan to make it in the future?
I think I've never mentioned about it to outside LINEGEAR.

I don't know the reason why, but many people keep asking about it recently.
So, I start feeling that I have responsibility to answer this question.

Please have a read below.
I have already contacted to "Faith Optics" which is only authorized distributor of Dillon lens in Japan,
And also we have already contacted "Nidek".

You know, Nidek is the company that provide technical support to Dillon to develop matte lenses .
We are very familier with this company.
Because all of our lens edging machines are from Nidek.

Unfortunately, They said that dillon and some other company which cooperated with Dillon would not allow us to produce or provide matte lenses.

The reason is below.
They don't want to sell only lens.
They have a patent, so we can not remake such a type of matte lenses.

So currently I almost give up to produce it.
This is it, the status about producing matte lens.

I hope if I could have chance to produce it, I absolutely go for it.
But currently, I feel it is difficult.

I feel very sorry for can't make it through, but please understand and agree our situation.

Thank you
Daisuke
LINEGEAR

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed response! This is great information to know. I believe you want to sell these to us if they would allow it and I thank you for spending the time to research the product.

As to where I found the information, you posted that you were looking into the matte style on your linegear blog.

I always wondered why Oakley never ditched Polycarbornate for Trivex NXT even before they were taken over by Lux.

The technology for NXT polarized photochromic plano lenses was already available from Intercast / PPG.

Anyway keep up the good work Linegear.

Hi,
Thank you for your inquiry.
I have just one question. Where did you get the information that we have a plan to make it in the future?
I think I've never mentioned about it to outside LINEGEAR.

I don't know the reason why, but many people keep asking about it recently.
So, I start feeling that I have responsibility to answer this question.

Please have a read below.
I have already contacted to "Faith Optics" which is only authorized distributor of Dillon lens in Japan,
And also we have already contacted "Nidek".

You know, Nidek is the company that provide technical support to Dillon to develop matte lenses .
We are very familier with this company.
Because all of our lens edging machines are from Nidek.

Unfortunately, They said that dillon and some other company which cooperated with Dillon would not allow us to produce or provide matte lenses.

The reason is below.
They don't want to sell only lens.
They have a patent, so we can not remake such a type of matte lenses.

So currently I almost give up to produce it.
This is it, the status about producing matte lens.

I hope if I could have chance to produce it, I absolutely go for it.
But currently, I feel it is difficult.

I feel very sorry for can't make it through, but please understand and agree our situation.

Thank you
Daisuke
LINEGEAR

If I remember properly there were a few juliets with some “test matte lenses” made by linegear for sale last year. I think that is what gave me the idea that you were working on mass producing them.
I really appreciate your honest answer (I won’t ask again I promise!) I’m just somewhat disappointed because I was really expecting Linegear to get these lenses on the market and I’d buy a couple sets for each of my metals.
I guess I’ll keep dreaming for a perfect day when you are allowed to produce them, in the meantime I’ll keep hating Dillon :)
Thanks for the answer!

...and this is the very reason why you will never find a true matte lens like Dillon, because they own the patent and WILL NOT SELL OUT to Lux or any other company...

Buy Dillons, or buy wanna-be-matte-Lenses from another manufacturer...

Hello LINEGEAR,

I just received the NXT Blue Mirror lenses today and installed them tonight onto my Juliet polished frame (originally Fire Iridium Polarized)...

I have a few sunglasses on rotation; Schott mineral glass (Bausch & Lomb Ray-Ban, Luxottica/Barberini Ray-Ban), CR-39 (Cazal, Rodenstock Porsche Design), polycarbonate (Oakley)...

I gotta say this NXT material has seemingly solved the clarity issue with poly, and the backside AR has solved the internal reflection issue with the polished frame. I haven't noticed any distortions. I can't wait to test them out tomorrow under the sun (hopefully it'll be sunny out).

BTW not sure if it's asked already but is there a reason to go with an 8 base curve instead of 8.75 of stock Oakley?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Hello LINEGEAR,

I just received the NXT Blue Mirror lenses today and installed them tonight onto my Juliet polished frame (originally Fire Iridium Polarized)...

I have a few sunglasses on rotation; Schott mineral glass (Bausch & Lomb Ray-Ban, Luxottica/Barberini Ray-Ban), CR-39 (Cazal, Rodenstock Porsche Design), polycarbonate (Oakley)...

I gotta say this NXT material has seemingly solved the clarity issue with poly, and the backside AR has solved the internal reflection issue with the polished frame. I haven't noticed any distortions. I can't wait to test them out tomorrow under the sun (hopefully it'll be sunny out).

BTW not sure if it's asked already but is there a reason to go with an 8 base curve instead of 8.75 of stock Oakley?

Thanks again!
Hello krayzie,

Thank you for messaging me.
I hope it works well for your eyes.
Looking forward to hear your review for our NXT lens.

About base curve of the lens,
If I could, I want to go for 8.75.
But there is no supplier who can provide us 8.75 curve lens.

Thank you :)

Daisuke
LINEGEAR

Well looks like you've got a winning product here Daisuke-san!

I just tried your NXT blue mirror back to back with the emerald slate Ichiro (basically both pairs have the same polished Juliet frames) under the morning bright sun... no contest! The NXT is virtually indistinguishable from CR-39 in terms of clarity to me (I've always suspected that Maui Jim's new MauiBrilliant lens I tried in the store recently is probably also NXT material).

The backside AR is quite essential for this frame in everyday use. Once I put on my Ichiros, it feels like there is a ever so slight haze along with all the annoying reflections (although not as horrible as fire iridium polar) due to the polished finish thick rim. The frame design and finish really plays a big part, like in comparison my T-Wire with thin rim matte finish and Titanium Iridium lens have really minimal reflection issues.

BTW are you allowed to say which anti-reflective coating you are using?

Looking forward to your NXT lens development with Lens-Ya and IC Japan. I'm itching to buy another frame just to put in a future variation of this lens. Ganbatte!! 👍

Latest Posts

Back