• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking for 17 inch laptop backpack, Oakley Kitchen Sink or Targus Drifter?

Depends what they said...
Meh... Opinions are like ********... Errbodys got one and chances are, yours stinks!

I have the bag... It's been a week... It suits my needs

It may not suit yours... Try both out!

For every bad online review they're maybe 100 good (unwritten) ones... Looks for an objective review site and not something mildly annoyed people write

I have a single pouch bag from Everki that I use for my work laptop. I was not impressed with the build and material quality of Everki. Might just be my cheaper bag, but I wasn't planning on buying that brand again.

g, but I wasn't planning on buying that brand again.
I have a single pouch bag from Everki that I use for my work laptop. I was not impressed with the build and material quality of Everki. Might just be my cheaper bag, but I wasn't planning on buying that brand again.

So you never used an Everki Titan before and making an objective judgement on the brand used on a cheaper single pouch bag?

That's like judging all other Samsung products based on their one of their MP3 players. Or all Toyota based on their Yaris series. Unless you actually have used Everti Titan before, you can not be objective.

Now return to the land of impartiality and reason. And look at the reviews from people who actually used the bags in question.

The Titan has 88% of 216 reviews gave 5 stars on Amazon, if you search the keyword "quality" in the reviews, every single one praised the build quality.

Targus Drifter II had only 63% 5 stars, main complaint is the strap build quality.

Oakley Kitchen Sink had 74% 5 stars, main complaint is the bag is small, inconvenient (which I kinda understand because Oakley always put form over function, eg hooks instead of zippers) and expensive.

Now I'm in Australia, Titan would cost $124 AUD on ebay, Drifter II is $104AUD imported from Amazon because it's not sold here, and Kitchen Sink is $249 from store (not counting private sales because lack of warranty)

Drifter II therefore is eliminated before the bad reviews and not much cheaper than the Titan. Titan is much cheaper than the Sink and much better reviews in both quality and functionality.

So you never used an Everki Titan before and making an objective judgement on the brand used on a cheaper single pouch bag?

That's like judging all other Samsung products based on their one of their MP3 players. Or all Toyota based on their Yaris series. Unless you actually have used Everti Titan before, you can not be objective.

Now return to the land of impartiality and reason. And look at the reviews from people who actually used the bags in question.

The Titan has 88% of 216 reviews gave 5 stars on Amazon, if you search the keyword "quality" in the reviews, every single one praised the build quality.

Targus Drifter II had only 63% 5 stars, main complaint is the strap build quality.

Oakley Kitchen Sink had 74% 5 stars, main complaint is the bag is small, inconvenient (which I kinda understand because Oakley always put form over function, eg hooks instead of zippers) and expensive.

Now I'm in Australia, Titan would cost $124 AUD on ebay, Drifter II is $104AUD imported from Amazon because it's not sold here, and Kitchen Sink is $249 from store (not counting private sales because lack of warranty)

Drifter II therefore is eliminated before the bad reviews and not much cheaper than the Titan. Titan is much cheaper than the Sink and much better reviews in both quality and functionality.
He spent money on that bag used it,and made him decide not to buy again, well thats respectable. On the other hand you
opt against the kitchen sink based on some online review and comments and that was respected. Respect on other views is great. Good that finally you found your favorite bag, we are happy for you.

Back