• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking for Frogskin color name

cgalpha08

Oakley Beginner
All,

Awhile back I lost my pair of frogskins, and ever since i havent been able to find the same from color. The best I can describe it is they were a combo of crystal black and crystal blue with prizm ruby lenses. I actually bought them in Megève France, may be why i can't find them stateside. I searched the oakely france website and couldn't find them.

If anyone has any thoughts on what the color name maybe, or where i can find them, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks guys.

Yea i dug through O review and the sticky threads here with the different models in it for awhile, couldn't find what i was looking for.

However, im beginning to think they may have just been crystal black ones, as in a lot of pictures those almost have a blueish tinge to them, but i still think they ones i had had more dark blue than black in them.

Thanks guys.

Yea i dug through O review and the sticky threads here with the different models in it for awhile, couldn't find what i was looking for.

However, im beginning to think they may have just been crystal black ones, as in a lot of pictures those almost have a blueish tinge to them, but i still think they ones i had had more dark blue than black in them.
Similar to how earlier versions of Crystal Clear frames with have tinges of pale lavender coloring to them.

Crystal Black can appear like a slate blue grey color in some lighting, the grey smoke crystal colorway can sometimes appear pale aqua; similar to color of thick bottle glass.

The closest OTS to what you describe could maybe be matte grey smoke, colorway based on how the crystal smoke version behaves. Although I've not ever owned a matte version so dunno if that glass like effect would be applicable to em since they aren't shiny/refract light through them rather just diffuses it.
Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 2.56.24 PM.png

As there are the Jetty Surf Frogskins that came in Navy Crystal, but it wouldn't look black at all... here's a pair with torch ird
m75393913820_1.jpg

Is it possible that they were custom? I believe acid/crystal blue was available for custom and a while back it was available from in store too.

Back