• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking For Frogskins

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hi,
I'm a new Frogskin fan. I used to be into Ray Ban Wayfarers but don't like the modern take on them with all the branding and celebrity endorsement 'Oh yeah we got Ray Ban Wayfarers' we're so cool and massively unoriginal, don't you want to be like us?' bullsh*t.
Anyway....
My problem is I am looking for 2 models that I can't find.
1. 4 legged Matte Turquoise/gray lens
2. STPL Dove gray pink iridium lens
I'm in the UK and I can't find the 4 legs anywhere not even on US websites so I guess they have sold out.
I know the STPL are limited but to how many? Has there been a relaunch? Is there any chance of finding some for sale and for roughly how much?
Should I bother looking in stores and on websites or just keep checking eBay and stuff to maybe find some?
Any info would be great!
Thanks

Some people reacted to this post.
Please keep for sale and wanted threads in the exchange area.

i would say check ebay.... but there they run up to US$ 500.oo - 600.00
online they are almost sold out. maybe you could find one in a store but even this will be hard.

the early bird get the worm ;)

I have sold about 5 pairs of the Matte Turquoise, and had about 20 pairs of the STPL's which have all sold now. I've tried to find more of them but I don't know anyone who is selling at RRP, the STPLs are on eBay but at £350 and up whereas I was selling them about 3 months ago for £150-£200. I don't think they're worth the £350, although they do look great, definitely one of the better limited runs design wise in my opinion.

The Matte Turquoise are so long out of official production now that again your best bet is second hand pairs on eBay.

I've got Denim 4 legs for sale.

Thanks for all the info frogmen! Managed to get some Matte Turquoise should be here today, fingers crossed the STPL will arrive eventually from Germany although I hear from that their post service is slow even compared to Royal mail.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks for all the info frogmen! Managed to get some Matte Turquoise should be here today, fingers crossed the STPL will arrive eventually from Germany although I hear from that their post service is slow even compared to Royal mail.

eltb99, how long ago did your STPL ship?

DHL from Germany to UK about a week....

JiveSEVEN: July 7th, they have been scanned into the UK now so shouldn't be too long. Really looking forward to getting these. The Matte Turquoise I got from France came in a massive padded envelope : ( Needless to say that the box was split... and the right lens has a tiny scratch. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!!!!

eltb99: Nice! I ordered my STPL from Germany but they did not provide me tracking info. I can't wait to get mine either. That is unfortunate for your Matte Turquoise. I'd have a sad face too!

Back