• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Those AliExpress guys? I would stay clear of those AE brands (MRYOK, ToughAsNails, PapaViva and a dozen others).
I can cut their lenses with a pair of scissors, they are so thin! And 90% sure they will have optical defects
Walleva is the same crap. Too thin and the worst, and hazardous part of it is that its curvature is not precise, which can and will harm your eyes.

Legit question.

I stick with original lenses when I can still get them. For out of print, sometimes aftermarket is all there is unless you’re willing to spend for custom cut.
Im 45. My first Oakleys were 2 razor blade iridium ones back when I was 15 and a road cycling racer. I have them till today, and have used them in a daily basis for at least 6 years with mi or scratches. Pretty resistant film!!!
A couple of years ago I tried some other ones. After Oakley was sold to Luxxotica, its quality dropped. I had 3 Zeros flak jackets xjl. Its lenses are great, but it lasts 1 year before delaminating and are easily scratched. Chinese crap, i guess.

This is why i am looking for other lens makers to replace oakleys ones made 8 years from now. Walleva sucks. Harmful to our eyes. Even its curvature is wrong.

I have a pair of Juliets that are 15 years old and still have the same prescription Oakley lenses in them that were done by SportsVisonBend. They have held up amazingly, but SVB doesn’t offer Oakley lenses any longer, so I’m going a different route. I love the rose lenses in my Juliets though.

The Revant Elite polarized lens I just bought for my M frame was made in China. Sad, because I read that their lenses were made in the US.

Walleva is the same crap. Too thin and the worst, and hazardous part of it is that its curvature is not precise, which can and will harm your eyes.
Agreed. Walleva used to have some reputation but they have manufacturing defects, lens distortion, and all of their recent Lenses give me a headache. Ugh. Their customer service is awful. The only thing worth buying from them is rubber.

If you can’t buy OEM Oakley, Stick with Linegear, Fuse, Revant, Ikon, and Seek. Those are reputable companies. I haven’t tried Galaxy lenses yet but Blondie indicates they are good.

Im wearing a gold sweep lens from welleva in my M frames right now(and for a week ) and they are decent, no headaches no weird vision , pretty awesome for 35$ or whatever it was , my revant is good too , just a bit thicker and a way tighter( almost scary) fit . But of course original Oakley is the best ,, just wish the 💩 would make lenses again .
In my opinion they are a great option if you dont want to spend a fortune on a mint oem lens and then be paranoid about scratching it .

Yeah fuse and revant are good. Galaxy lenses are not very good imo. Their replacement ear socks worked great on a pair of beater flak xljs.
Oem can’t be replicated imo. Personal favorite for any light condition is prizm dark golf.

Back