• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars Crater Auction on EBay $1100

Demand went up on the michael Jordan documentary. There are other threads also discussed how it as an all time high and most likely drop. It’s not the housing market it goes up and down.
Every time it has ever gone up threads appear with the reason and lots of speculation on ups and downs and yes... seasonally demand goes up and down so there is a range. After years of doing this I for instance will start buying more about this time of year and into next March to April when demand goes back up then I sell mostly. I recall when the 1st R1 complete sold for $1k and everyone thought it was a fluke and would not happen again and then it did and again and again and now we have R1's selling at $850-$1000 as the standard. This was before the documentary BTW. Mars have been under attack by people wanting customs and switching arms. That model was produced in the least amount for a regular run because of the complexity and pressures required to make the frame. It took longer and was less profit so fewer were made. That model is one that is most sensitive to the markets overall demand and every day another OEM mars falls to the hammerstems making it harder to find. I was blown away at the last auction of a MJ and a Crater that WERE NOT shilled! both over $1750 but mint new and complete. This my friend is the sad nature of what we do and I hope you are right because it was a ton of fun scooping up $300 R1's and $350 MM watches and so on back in the day.

Every time it has ever gone up threads appear with the reason and lots of speculation on ups and downs and yes... seasonally demand goes up and down so there is a range. After years of doing this I for instance will start buying more about this time of year and into next March to April when demand goes back up then I sell mostly. I recall when the 1st R1 complete sold for $1k and everyone thought it was a fluke and would not happen again and then it did and again and again and now we have R1's selling at $850-$1000 as the standard. This was before the documentary BTW. Mars have been under attack by people wanting customs and switching arms. That model was produced in the least amount for a regular run because of the complexity and pressures required to make the frame. It took longer and was less profit so fewer were made. That model is one that is most sensitive to the markets overall demand and every day another OEM mars falls to the hammerstems making it harder to find. I was blown away at the last auction of a MJ and a Crater that WERE NOT shilled! both over $1750 but mint new and complete. This my friend is the sad nature of what we do and I hope you are right because it was a ton of fun scooping up $300 R1's and $350 MM watches and so on back in the day.
I guess it's a good thing I bought my collection before the spike:newrussian::vinsent:

1664227444339.png

You gotta give the Juliet and Half X some kudos though... those 2 have stayed pretty level and still acquirable. Who knows though... their day will come when its hard to find one of those to! Probably not in our lifetime but one day! Thank GOD I dont wear Juliets or I would have rooms full of them with my impulsive nature!

You gotta give the Juliet and Half X some kudos though... those 2 have stayed pretty level and still acquirable. Who knows though... their day will come when its hard to find one of those to! Probably not in our lifetime but one day! Thank GOD I dont wear Juliets or I would have rooms full of them with my impulsive nature!
yea the half x gets no respect. I kept getting NIB sets for $250 on ebay or from some forum members a few years ago.

Back