• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars Crater Auction on EBay $1100

yea the half x gets no respect. I kept getting NIB sets for $250 on ebay or from some forum members a few years ago.
That is a good one to store away and keep mint... With the R2 regaining "some" popularity the Half X could have its day... It is not a bad pair of glasses either except when the hinge breaks or you lose that one screw no one else has!

I can honestly say I have never seen demand for X Metals retreat

I think the Xsquared took a little halt or may have even recessed. I remember polished vr28 pairs were fetching a premium and I was happy to pay $600 for a new pair in 2016, as that was the market price for slightly used ones. also Ichiro Juliets have hit a plateau and some have come down. it used to average $1k+ for the WBC, Emerald with SN and up to $1500 for the Polished Carbon. I feel like I have seen those sit for a hot minute in the exchange.

I think the Xsquared took a little halt or may have even recessed. I remember polished vr28 pairs were fetching a premium and I was happy to pay $600 for a new pair in 2016, as that was the market price for slightly used ones. also Ichiro Juliets have hit a plateau and some have come down. it used to average $1k+ for the WBC, Emerald with SN and up to $1500 for the Polished Carbon. I feel like I have seen those sit for a hot minute in the exchange.
I think reality set in a couple years ago with the Juliet that Oakley focused on making a TON of them... the special editions and limited seem to be what people are after and then the hammerstems to rob for Mars. XS were made in pretty high numbers as well since they had the process down to perfection by the time they came on the scene. There is no shortage of them either! Though the prices are higher than I would like to see across the board todays market better reflects the actual numbers available ... just look at all the Juliets for sale on eBay despite the sharp decrease in listings. If you want a J pony up $250-$300 and choose which one... Want an XX you will have to pay... Want a Crater you might as well lube up first!

Last edited:
That is a good one to store away and keep mint... With the R2 regaining "some" popularity the Half X could have its day... It is not a bad pair of glasses either except when the hinge breaks or you lose that one screw no one else has!
The only issues I have had is the washer getting destroyed when swapping out lenses.

I’ve yet to have hinge issue impact me yet 🤞

I still got two mint ones with one in the box. Plus r2 never worn.
3D6957E0-FF6B-4263-B04A-BB5C3805C954.jpeg
A7C2D938-EC76-440B-8199-E552D37B65B9.jpeg

Yes... and during that same period R1's were $400-$500 and Penny's were $400 and XX were $300... Days gone by and gone... as these pieces sink into collections not to resurface and people customize and change them and switch arms and polish the originals become more and more scarce ... Not to mention the market changes with the freedom to sell something online and not be taxed taken away has slowed availability to a crawl... I am pretty confident that you will not see a retreat of prices

Soon there will be a fire sale and the prices will be cut in half. People won’t be able to afford luxury items as the worlds economy goes to hell. Food prices and interests rates and electricity is skyrocketing right now and it’s only gonna get worse. Now is the time to sell…..

Back