• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
How the brainchild of Michael Jordan, the Oakley Mars Sunglasses, went on to become a cult classic and one of the rarest sunglasses of all time!
Now let’s find out how this happened!

Mars History & The Michael Jordan Connection
When people talk about Oakley’s most disruptive designs, there are usually two that always come to mind – the Over The Top and the Mars. But most people don’t know the real history that made Oakley Mars into one of the most collectible Oakley sunglasses of all time.
Originally envisioned by then Oakley board member Michael Jordan (yes the basketball player), he wanted a design that turned heads.
And in March 1998, Michael got his wish when the Oakley Mars sunglasses were released to the public.
To...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Great reading. Read it several times. Lol. One of the greatest pair of glasses Oakley's ever made.

IMG_8841.jpeg

Does anyone know how many total Mars were produced? Is there any way to tell using the serial number system?

I got my 9th pair in the mail finally today. I have some work to do on it for sure. They start here
20220119_114554.jpg
20220119_114549.jpg

and typically end here for me.
20210913_060549.jpg

Back