• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Max Fearlight Wire Sub Zero - CUSTOM BUILD!

I've lurked this thread...and WOW. Haven't seen it or you post for a while (unless you were hiding in other forums). Can't wait to see this go forward again.

have been busy- currently persuing my PhD in marine biology. The project is going along but slowly. sorry to all following.. but we will get there.

Reviving this old thread...does anyone know if Brian finished this project?

would love to see some pics!

Not sure - But I have all the stiuff needed to try it myself so thanks for the thread revive :)
Brian sent me the project in 2016. I have the frame pieces and a clear M frame he sent me to go from. I tried going through an eyeglasses manufacturer in China, but blew it off for fear of mass production. I have been in poor health for the last 18 months due to broken neck and have not been able to put a lot of effort into the project. I found an optician here in the States to look at building the wire frame. The only issue is Oakley has a patent on the shape of the lens. I plan on resuming the project with said optician after the HOAX flu is over. My plan is to make two sizes. I have a roached pair of #3's for a large pair and a 3n for the small I plan to use for templates. What material do you plan on using? I purchased enoughTitanium to make 10 pair.
If you get it done before I do, I would like to see it.

Brian sent me the project in 2016. I have the frame pieces and a clear M frame he sent me to go from. I tried going through an eyeglasses manufacturer in China, but blew it off for fear of mass production. I have been in poor health for the last 18 months due to broken neck and have not been able to put a lot of effort into the project. I found an optician here in the States to look at building the wire frame. The only issue is Oakley has a patent on the shape of the lens. I plan on resuming the project with said optician after the HOAX flu is over. My plan is to make two sizes. I have a roached pair of #3's for a large pair and a 3n for the small I plan to use for templates. What material do you plan on using? I purchased enoughTitanium to make 10 pair.
If you get it done before I do, I would like to see it.

I think I'd try whatever my engineer friend can get his hands on. Ti wire would be awesome.

Saw a surf video once with an Oakley sponsored surfer with a wire frame Zero, with pinch type closure on the frame on the outer sides, different than the prototype design, looked like double wire, which would create a “groove for the lens.