• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mega tower 3.0 in my backyard listed for $200

Secured it today...certainly saved it from it's miserable existence...did a quick clean but will need to replace the 4 down lights as well as the locks. Both top and bottom fluorescent ballasts work which is great. I've seen threads about locks/lights so I'll dig into that so I can get it up to date.
Second photo is what I found in the bottom. I got excited when I saw the M box fall out, I haven't had my hands on one of those boxes since the mid 90s...unfortunately just the box with the "iridium scratches" insert card, but still cool none the less. It came with a couple of RX pricing sheets and a Ladies display base and some other table tents. Looks like it came from an optometrist since everything was geared towards RX frames.

IMG_4481.JPG
IMG_4480.JPG

Thats a good deal. Plus its the newer version so your not dealing with the florescent tube lights in the top.

Even though you didnt luck out and find a hidden M Frame, the box is still cool. They dont do cool packaging like that corrugated black box anymore. Its kinda a display piece all in its own.

Was able to flip this 3.0 single for an aluminum double this morning...it's a project, but most of them are these days. I'll share some photos once I get it all cleaned up and replace the locks. I know I can drill out the lock cylinders, does anyone have any pointers for that?

Was able to flip this 3.0 single for an aluminum double this morning...it's a project, but most of them are these days. I'll share some photos once I get it all cleaned up and replace the locks. I know I can drill out the lock cylinders, does anyone have any pointers for that?
Just start with about a 1/8" bit and keep increasing diameter till the lock is able to be rotated to be opened.

Latest Posts

Back