• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Metal single wide - drawers keyed different?

TheDukeOfIce

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Silicon Valley, CA
Hello forum,
Recently picked up a metal single wide, the one with two drawers, both with handles.

The door locks are the same universal Oakley keyed as my doublewide.
The drawer locks, do not seem to be the same key.

The seller said the bottom drawer has been locked for 10+ years....

Any ideas? Searching turned up mostly for sale threads.

A2735DA8-D548-42AA-B0A7-10A979127520.jpeg

Drill them out and go get a new pair of keyed alike like from a big box store. I’d bet seized up as well as I see some corrosion there of sorts

They could be seized from sitting so long, was it stores in a garage or outside
Drill them out and go get a new pair of keyed alike like from a big box store. I’d bet seized up as well as I see some corrosion there of sorts

Good ideas, now thinking of taking the recripicating saw, and cut the latch on the inside clean.

I’ll try some penetrating oil overnight, sounds like it should be keyed all the same - thank you.

They said stored in the garage, they took quite some effort to unbury it before I got there :)

You might be surprised whats inside the drawers. Last time i bought my 1st single wide case from my local bike store they said they cant find the key to unlock the drawer and so when i got home i used my dremmel with drill bit to remove the key hole and when i opened it theres plenty of free goodies inside LOL, i found a brand new M frame and some lens and stand.

You might be surprised whats inside the drawers. Last time i bought my 1st single wide case from my local bike store they said they cant find the key to unlock the drawer and so when i got home i used my dremmel with drill bit to remove the key hole and when i opened it theres plenty of free goodies inside LOL, i found a brand new M frame and some lens and stand.
I joked with them it’s a time capsule, the old lady said “seriously, it’s been locked for at least 10 years!” :)

I am hoping for something X Metal related, but expecting old receipts, ha ha.

Those cam locks are cheap. Just go get some new ones and make sure they all have the same key number. Easy fix, I've done it several times.

Back