• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute Machine Issue

layzurguy

I should Work at Oakley
I was so excited to receive not 1, but 2 in the mail yesterday. I'm old to the sunglasses game, but new to the watches. These 2 would make my 6th & 7th watch to add to my collection. I acquired 4 in the past month. My 1st one is my copper face judge, polished, bought new back in the day.
Anyway, had batteries put in both. 1 works like a champ.
The other, the watch stops as soon as I unlock the crown. Also, the second hand doesn't move while using the chronograph. I also cannot zero out the chronograph.
I got this on ebay, and I dont want to badmouth just yet, since that person may be on here, and I am new to here, so I still wanna show respect.
But i have gotten a Saddleback, a Jury, a Judge, a GMT, and 2 MM recently off ebay and other sites.
I'd really like.to hear if this is worth the effort to have fixed, or should I try to return it.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I was so excited to receive not 1, but 2 in the mail yesterday. I'm old to the sunglasses game, but new to the watches. These 2 would make my 6th & 7th watch to add to my collection. I acquired 4 in the past month. My 1st one is my copper face judge, polished, bought new back in the day.
The other, the watch stops as soon as I unlock the crown. Also, the second hand doesn't move while using the chronograph. I also cannot zero out the chronograph.
I got this on ebay, and I dont want to badmouth just yet, since that person may be on here, and I am new to here, so I still wanna show respect.
But i have gotten a Saddleback, a Jury, a Judge, a GMT, and 2 MM recently off ebay and other sites.
I'd really like.to hear if this is worth the effort to have fixed, or should I try to return it.
return it

There are a couple of videos on YouTube and a few mentions of it here on the forum, probably easier to find on YouTube. Try resetting it after you watch the video, after that, I would return it if you can’t get it to work. Good luck!!

consider asking for a partial refund to cover the cost of replacing the movement. A new movement will cost around $100 plus the labor to perform the swap.

consider asking for a partial refund to cover the cost of replacing the movement. A new movement will cost around $100 plus the labor to perform the swap.
Interesting. So the repair shop wouldn't have a problem finding parts? And any good jeweler should be able to do it? If that's the case, then I'm willing to try that since I love the SS Band. Thanks again!

Interesting. So the repair shop wouldn't have a problem finding parts? And any good jeweler should be able to do it? If that's the case, then I'm willing to try that since I love the SS Band. Thanks again!

The movement is a Ronda 5040.B. I’ve purchased from eBay before. I’d purchase the movement yourself from eBay and then take it to a jeweler to perform the swap. It’s a pretty straight forward swap.

the datewheel should have a black background with white numbers. Unless you have the red face MM which would have the white background and black numbered datewheel.

Why is it I can find the same 5040.B with white numbers all day long for less than half the price of the Black version. I think Alexa is listening to me and adjusting prices on the fly. 🤨

Why is it I can find the same 5040.B with white numbers all day long for less than half the price of the Black version. I think Alexa is listening to me and adjusting prices on the fly. 🤨

The one with the black wheel just isn’t as common.
Also make sure you’re looking at the “Swiss Made” version. There is a “Swiss Parts” version that only has 6 jewels. The “Swiss Made” version in the MM has 13 jewels.

A very good jeweler would be able to swap out the black date wheel from a busted movement onto a new movement with a white date wheel. I don’t think that is worth the $50 difference in parts cost though.

I ordered it from the link you gave me.
I like the watch so I'll have it fixed.
I havent heard back from the seller in 2 days.
I'll be sure to blast him on ebay and let everyone know here as well (if that's allowed)
Thanks for your help!