• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute Machine Newbie Questions

Modstar

Oakley Enthusiast
IMG_4133.JPG
IMG_4134.JPG
IMG_4153.JPG
I just bought a preloved Minute Machine and I got a few questions:

1: On this watch, the seconds are counted and displayed on the right sub dial? If yes, what about the large "seconds" hand? Should it move like other regular "seconds" hand or it stays there unless used in chronograph mode?

2. How do I replace the straps? I means are there specific tools like hexagonal screwdrivers? size?

3. How to I reset the sub dial on the left?

Thanks! Comments will be really of great help. This is my first Oakley watch so I really have no idea about some functions.

Last edited:

1: On this watch, the seconds are counted and displayed on the right sub dial? - Correct

If yes, what about the large "seconds" hand? - This is the second counter for the stop watch.

Should it move like other regular "seconds" hand or it stays there unless used in chronograph mode? - Yes, it's stationary and just looks pretty unless used for the stopwatch/chrono.

2. How do I replace the straps? I means are there specific tools like hexagonal screwdrivers? size? - Not sure the size, but all band adjustments/swaps are done with an allen wrench

3. How to I reset the sub dial on the left? - The 'sub' dial on the left is the minute counter for the stopwatch/chrono and the lower 'sub' dial is the 1/10 sec counter. All three hands are reset by the lower button on the right side of the watch. That same button is also used for lap during a timing event.

Thanks! Comments will be really of great help. This is my first Oakley watch so I really have no idea about some functions.

Congrats on your first O watch! First of many to come. :)

Big hand is chrono activated by top button and reset by bottom button. Nice choice of watch! Even people who know nothing of Oakley design often comment about mine saying it's cool, expensive or unique.

The great feature of Minute machine and hollowpoint is you can remove links and band with a simple Allen wrench. Enjoy finding the best fit. I sometimes like it looser in summer so I add a link then.

Big hand is chrono activated by top button and reset by bottom button. Nice choice of watch! Even people who know nothing of Oakley design often comment about mine saying it's cool, expensive or unique.

The great feature of Minute machine and hollowpoint is you can remove links and band with a simple Allen wrench. Enjoy finding the best fit. I sometimes like it looser in summer so I add a link then.

Super thanks for the reply! That's a relief. I thought mine's defective.

1: On this watch, the seconds are counted and displayed on the right sub dial? If yes, what about the large "seconds" hand? Should it move like other regular "seconds" hand or it stays there unless used in chronograph mode?

2. How do I replace the straps? I means are there specific tools like hexagonal screwdrivers? size?

Explanations were left next to original questions in italic.

Congrats on your first O watch! First of many to come. :)

Thanks! I thought the large second hand was defective to the point that I had a little discussion with the seller who never gave me a sound explanation. I took the risk but it was worth it. Super thanks for the added information.

Here is a link to the manual also

http://www.oakley.com/_ui/downloads/watches/oakley-minute-machine-watch-manual.pdf

View attachment 325289 View attachment 325290 View attachment 325291 I just bought a preloved Minute Machine and I got a few questions:

Check out my video on YouTube for re-setting Minute Machines.

Cheers Dean.