• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Misc. Oakley Exchange Rules PLEASE READ

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
The key is having one person decide what is scalping and what is not, that is a dictatorship. I don't believe anyone should have that power. It's incredibly subjective. That is not a defined set of rules or objective criteria. Which is almost impossible but once again am very

On the scammers front - this is not and will never be tolerated HOWEVER it will never be calling them out in a thread as all that does is 1) Start a giant argument on the forum and 2) Get lost after 1 week and helps NO ONE. This has always been the rule.

We have a feedback system for a reason, use it, leave the details, then when people go to do a deal they can see rating and not dig through years of threads to find a bad deal 4 years ago.

The third reason for this rule is that in about 90% of cases, it's actually not a bad deal, someone just forgot to reply within 10 minutes or the like. E.g a member gos and buys an item, the member says they'll ship but is a day late or forgets to give them the info. The member begins panicking (usually bc they already broke the rules and paid F&F) and begins a thread about how they were scammed, everyone piles on with pitchforks until the seller shows up and explains how he was just on vacation, or traveling for work and shipped them before he left. The amount of times I've seen this play out is crazyyy.

The mods and myself are discussing how to handle the arguments occurring on the forum, and deliberate rule breadking, and there will be more defined rules coming. And they will be enforced.

Okay, but if people are allowed to scalp then shouldn't people equally be allowed to call them out? It makes for an informed buyer.

Equally, IMO, it would be a dictatorship if someone isn't allowed to speak about it.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Okay, but if people are allowed to scalp then shouldn't people equally be allowed to call them out? It makes for an informed buyer.

So there's a difference between "helping" and "calling out". The calling out on here has gotten insane. Help? Absolutely - I don't want to see members get taken advantage of, so I'd say someone should be able to post in the thread a link to the product on a site for cheaper, or provide their 2 cents on price - in a RESPECTFUL and POLITE manner.

If it's mean, disrespectful etc. then no. But that also has no place anywhere on the site.

Username Hidden said:
So there's a difference between "helping" and "calling out". The calling out on here has gotten insane. Help? Absolutely - I don't want to see members get taken advantage of, so I'd say someone should be able to post in the thread a link to the product on a site for cheaper, or provide their 2 cents on price - in a RESPECTFUL and POLITE manner.

If it's mean, disrespectful etc. then no. But that also has no place anywhere on the site.

That's fair enough, plenty of opportunities to provide a direct reference of a going rate when prices are ridiculous.

Username Hidden said:
That's fair enough, plenty of opportunities to provide a direct reference of a going rate when prices are ridiculous.

Absolutely - then someone buying has all the facts, same with the buyer and if they both decide to go through with it well then, can only teach a man to fish.

Kumbaya?

👏👏👏👏 good work everyone!

Will also add on my earlier note - in no way do I want to stop the playful conversations, the comraderie etc. that I know this community has. This will never be the USSR, but the biggest trend and comment throughout this thread is that the rules are to the point where they might as well not exist. And I agree - and it's across the board and I want to take the lead on improving that along with the mods.

Make Oakley Forum Great Again?...Wait a minute.. ;)

Username Hidden said:

Except when a thread gets locked

Username Hidden said:
Except when a thread gets locked

Yeah this is an interesting one - Think we may need a seperate thread/poll I'll look to create in the coming days. Want to pull together a consolidated thread but would be curious whether the forum wants threads locked or not locked.

Back