• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MM battery replacement

SecretNinja

I am Jim Janard's Cousin's Brother In Law
Krypton
Is there any particular things I need to be cautious about before replacing the battery in a MM on my own? I don't want to remove the cover and realize that I should have had a jeweler do it.

Someone explains the inside here along with a picture of the movement

so do not try to do it yourself as you can damage something there and then they will not work at all

so do not try to do it yourself as you can damage something there and then they will not work at all
I've opened up and replaced the batteries in my HP and Kill Switch without breaking them. Just not a MM yet. I think I'll be fine.

My main concern was the back cover. Is it easy to remove and replace, after opening?

Fairly straightforward. Break loose all four screws before completely backing them out so you don’t create a bind. Take note that the “Titanium 10 Bar” writing goes on the crown side. The gasket should stay with the case back. If the gasket falls off it may be too stretched out for re-use. Otherwise, I use a q-tip to clean all the gunk out from the case back edges and on the back of the watch case where the case back sits. When reassembling, the case back will sink in its place. Start all screws before tightening. Only snug the screws, don’t over tighten.

Fairly straightforward. Break loose all four screws before completely backing them out so you don’t create a bind. Take note that the “Titanium 10 Bar” writing goes on the crown side. The gasket should stay with the case back. If the gasket falls off it may be too stretched out for re-use. Otherwise, I use a q-tip to clean all the gunk out from the case back edges and on the back of the watch case where the case back sits. When reassembling, the case back will sink in its place. Start all screws before tightening. Only snug the screws, don’t over tighten.
Thanks.

Best advice is when taking off the battery’s small screw that hold the actual battery. Press down on the little fork. That little screw will go flying and nearly impossible to find if that’s not held down. Also you can buy the batteries off amazon for $5-7 for a 20pack of them . It’s the 395 watch batteries. It will save you money down the road if you can do it yourself. Best of luck man.

Latest Posts

Back