• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mobile Applications? Your Opinion Is Needed

What do you think we should do?

• Release the Standalone app for a fee

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Release Tapatalk or Forumrunner then release the Standalone app for free

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Just wait for the Standalone app to be available for free next year

Votes: 43 50.0%
  • Other ideas(Specify Below)

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Look at it this way, pay $1.99 for the app, then while out one day shopping your wife or girlfriend wants to stop in Victoria"s Secret. You do your man duty and helpfully give your input as to what is nice, then she goes to try a few things on. She likely won't be popping out to see what you think so you grab your phone and open the app, then hit the Sunglass Exchange section and get a sweet deal on a pair a shades you've either been looking for forever or save half the price. That $1.99 just payed for itself. For instance last week bought a pair of X-Squared carbon polarized with spare ruby lenses off another member for $200, another member chimed in after and said "missed those by a half hour", maybe if he had a mobile app and paid $1.99 he would have got those before me.

Look at it this way, pay $1.99 for the app, then while out one day shopping your wife or girlfriend wants to stop in Victoria"s Secret. You do your man duty and helpfully give your input as to what is nice, then she goes to try a few things on. She likely won't be popping out to see what you think so you grab your phone and open the app, then hit the Sunglass Exchange section and get a sweet deal on a pair a shades you've either been looking for forever or save half the price. That $1.99 just payed for itself. For instance last week bought a pair of X-Squared carbon polarized with spare ruby lenses off another member for $200, another member chimed in after and said "missed those by a half hour", maybe if he had a mobile app and paid $1.99 he would have got those before me.

Lol this is very true, well I am going to leave the poll open to the end of the month, and whatever wins will be the answer.

OK, so we will be waiting for the free app next year. Sorry to everyone that wants the paid app, but I would expect the app around February or March, so it shouldn't be that long of a wait. Thanks for voting guys!

UPDATE: OK so we have hit a snag with the Forum mobile app, the app which was going to made for us for a reasonable price has been getting horrible reviews from other site owners and lacks a lot of features that it should have. I am rebooking at other options the main one being ForumRunner and Tapatalk. After taking a quick look ForumRunner seems to be the best option, at $1.99 it offers push notifications and full support. I am going to look into it more and read what people have to say. But I just wanted to get any other ideas from you guys. I really want to get some type of mobile app going for the Oforum because we really need it.

Tapatalk please!!!!

It is so easy to use, and is a great way to view sites on your phone... On my iPad I use the regular site but on my phone I use tapatalk for lots of sites and it is so much better!

Just did some looking and it seems like we might be able to use both Tapatalk and forum runner so everyone can be happy, have to do some more looking and play around with it.

Back