• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Modding the bridge size on Sutro or Flightjacket

LiKuid

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,

sorry if this has been discussed before, but i did my basic search but couldnt find anything.
I have recently bought two sets of Oakleys, a Flightjacket and a Sutro. unfortunately the bridge size is too narrow for my nose even without a nose piece.
Is there any chance I can mod the frame, maybe trim it and get them to fit properly? Now they just sit higher than normal and the fit is not proper.
Before these, i had a set of radarlocks that sit pretty much perfect if this is of any help.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hi, may be try swop nose pad to Asian Fit - the pad is thicker hence may help "lift" the frame higher off your nose?

Thanks for the reply. I actually want to lower the frame. Hence thinking of trimming the frame where it attaches to the nose.

Thanks for the reply. I actually want to lower the frame. Hence thinking of trimming the frame where it attaches to the nose.
Perhaps we may consider replacing the nose pads. I am sure there are compatible "thinner" pads from other models, we may purchase as replacement (spares) parts

I would cut the existing nose piece off completely and then add an adapted m frame nose piece, which will be very slightly wider.
Quite a tricky job but certainly can be done. 👍🏼

That’s the kind of crazy input i was hoping for... :neo:
has anybody done anything like that? How can i add an m frame? Thanks for the input

image.jpg

This pic shows a modded m frame nose applied to a gen1 eyeshade.

Back