• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MSK 3 not good for flying.

I was wearing my mask with the filter in and was told it wasn’t approved for a flight on American Airlines. Anyone have this experience?

They were probably reading this guideline from their website for unapproved face coverings fairly literally
  • Face covers made of mesh or lace type fabric
It is up to their discretion and unfortunately with the way these things are made it could easily be interpreted as a mesh mask that someone slapped a coffee filter in since that's what it looks like.

They were probably reading this guideline from their website for unapproved face coverings fairly literally
  • Face covers made of mesh or lace type fabric
It is up to their discretion and unfortunately with the way these things are made it could easily be interpreted as a mesh mask that someone slapped a coffee filter in since that's what it looks like.
To be fair, the front is mesh.

True, but it could also be argued that the mesh was not intended as the filtering mechanism and only the support for the filter. I think, as its written, it can reasonably assumed they are referring to mesh mask with no actual filtering element.

Either way, this is why I don't wear mine on planes.

True, but it could also be argued that the mesh was not intended as the filtering mechanism and only the support for the filter. I think, as its written, it can reasonably assumed they are referring to mesh mask with no actual filtering element.

Either way, this is why I don't wear mine on planes.
Yeah, I stopped wearing mine long ago. It's bulky, front heavy, doesn't store easily in a pocket, and people ask too many questions.

Back