• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MSK3 nose strip replacement

Quoting Oakley support “we don’t sell that replacement part of your glasses on our website”. :rolleyes:

Yes, exactly. I didn’t want to buy, nor did I explicitly ask for a part replacement, nor is MSK3 glasses. Three misconceptions in a single sentence. Working with the pros…
Welcome to Oakley customer service. Push harder and they will say "I will look into that information for you" which means **** off and leave me alone

Welcome to Oakley customer service. Push harder and they will say "I will look into that information for you" which means **** off and leave me alone
Exactly right. The latest reply is that my request cannot be processed because they only support glasses. And of course they’ve made sure you cannot directly respond to their mails.

So I take it none of y’all have taken it upon themselves to cut their mask open and replace the strip, huh?

The nose bridge of the mask itself has a metal part? From my brief observation of my own, the metal is only in the filter (will have to go grab it in a little bit to see), the filters which are supposed to be tossed (either the disposible ones, or the reusable one after 20 or so washes) eventually.

If you are talking about the metal strip that sits inside the white part, if you've used it enough that the metal part snapped, then it's time to pay $10 for a replacement filter.

Edit: guess there is a subtle piece of wire in the rubber part where the glasses sits, not as strong as the one in the filter which is usually what I adjust to my nose more so than the mask bridge.

Last edited:
The nose bridge of the mask itself has a metal part? From my brief observation of my own, the metal is only in the filter (will have to go grab it in a little bit to see), the filters which are supposed to be tossed (either the disposible ones, or the reusable one after 20 or so washes) eventually.

If you are talking about the metal strip that sits inside the white part, if you've used it enough that the metal part snapped, then it's time to pay $10 for a replacement filter.

Edit: guess there is a subtle piece of wire in the rubber part where the glasses sits, not as strong as the one in the filter which is usually what I adjust to my nose more so than the mask bridge.
The silicon part of the nose piece of the mask itself has a piece of metal for the nose bridge. The disposable insert also has a metal strip as well.

@andr3 - You could make a small incision on the inside part of the silicon mask at the left or right end of the metal rod and just insert a new rod from a cheap n95 mask or I guess you could stick a metal rod directly to the silicon on the inside and leave the broken one in situ.

The silicon part of the nose piece of the mask itself has a piece of metal for the nose bridge. The disposable insert also has a metal strip as well.

@andr3 - You could make a small incision on the inside part of the silicon mask at the left or right end of the metal rod and just insert a new rod from a cheap n95 mask or I guess you could stick a metal rod directly to the silicon on the inside and leave the broken one in situ.
Was thinking the same looking at mine since there's a clear edge on where exactly the strip is. It's narrower than what you'd find in the included filter. And I would probably remove the broken strip by sliding it out if possible so that the snapped edge doesn't wear against the rubber.

Oakley never designed for this to be serviceable in any way. It's partly a shameless attempt into the in-demand market, and was clearly designed with foreseeable finite use. Some people just want to believe different because of how much it costs.

And I say that as as someone who uses the MSK3 regularly and has generally received it well. If mine breaks, I'm very unlikely to buy another.

Oakley never designed for this to be serviceable in any way. It's partly a shameless attempt into the in-demand market, and was clearly designed with foreseeable finite use. Some people just want to believe different because of how much it costs.

And I say that as as someone who uses the MSK3 regularly and has generally received it well. If mine breaks, I'm very unlikely to buy another.
I use mine everyday as well, and bought a brand new second one from someone who didn’t want theirs. Fantastic looking mask which I find very comfortable and functional re: sunglasses fog.

I didn’t mind spending the extra dollars for those reasons. I got around the expensive replacement parts by cannibalising n95 masks and cutting the lower part off so they’d fit. And they fit and function very well IMHO!

Hope yours lasts a while, @Ventruck

Last edited:
Summary and update. Apparently Oakley (EssilorLuxottica) has various service channels. (All these mergers and acquisitions and no synergies...)

1. I enquired to customerservice@oakley.com. They told me to go to 2.
  2. Assistenza, riparazioni e ricambi Oakley | Oakley® Italia told me what I told you in the opening post which made absolutely no sense.
  3. I went to the local Oakley store and the manager was furious about the reply I got. He says frequently customers show up get ridiculous replies from the online support which leads them (the store) to call their upper management and already got 3 support people fired (I don't quite believe that, but his outrage seemed genuine). Anyways, he gave me yet another support link, 4.
  4. https://www.oakley.com/de-at/support/warranty-form (I can't seem to find the same form on the US site, sorry. Swapping de-at for en-us doesn't work). They actually forwarded my request to Oakley Australia because the European guys apparently can't handle it or are overworked. And look at that, the friendly neighborhood Aussis actually managed to have me a new mask shipped (from and to Germany) within 3 business days.
pheww....

Summary and update. Apparently Oakley (EssilorLuxottica) has various service channels. (All these mergers and acquisitions and no synergies...)

1. I enquired to customerservice@oakley.com. They told me to go to 2.
  2. Assistenza, riparazioni e ricambi Oakley | Oakley® Italia told me what I told you in the opening post which made absolutely no sense.
  3. I went to the local Oakley store and the manager was furious about the reply I got. He says frequently customers show up get ridiculous replies from the online support which leads them (the store) to call their upper management and already got 3 support people fired (I don't quite believe that, but his outrage seemed genuine). Anyways, he gave me yet another support link, 4.
  4. https://www.oakley.com/de-at/support/warranty-form (I can't seem to find the same form on the US site, sorry. Swapping de-at for en-us doesn't work). They actually forwarded my request to Oakley Australia because the European guys apparently can't handle it or are overworked. And look at that, the friendly neighborhood Aussis actually managed to have me a new mask shipped (from and to Germany) within 3 business days.
pheww....
I figured it would be covered, good thing you have a great store manager there! I’m glad you were able to get this taken care of, and thank you for sharing your experience so others can know what to expect!

Back