• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Music Thread - Cover Songs

Do you like when a band covers another bands song

• Yes

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Depends on the song/band that covers

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters
Bonnie Raitt covering John Prines Angel from Montgomery

I need to find and get you a live recording of Dave Matthews Band and Emmylou Harris doing Angel from Montgomery. They played it live in Nashville in 2000 and had her as a guest singer along with Béla Fleck on the banjo....Boyd Tinsley sang the male lead. It was fantastic. They have several released live albums with it but good God that version blew me away

I need to find and get you a live recording of Dave Matthews Band and Emmylou Harris doing Angel from Montgomery. They played it live in Nashville in 2000 and had her as a guest singer along with Béla Fleck on the banjo....Boyd Tinsley sang the male lead. It was fantastic. They have several released live albums with it but good God that version blew me away

Ive heard it.

Ive probably heard every DMB live recording ever....and i say that will full knowledge of how many live recordings there are.

But bonnie Raitt perfected it

Back